RojoRacing Video edits

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Still working on the gps data overlays, no luck so far though. Top speed was 59 and change and if I'm not pedaling it's because I'm still rolling over 45mph even though sometimes it doesn't look like that after see what 60 looks like.

Link will be broken untill video finishes uploading, just give it 30-60 mins to finish

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ok so I deleted the latest version of dashware and download an older version and it is at least working on the render. If when it finishes I'll re-upload the video and delete the current youtube link so hold off before you go sharing it with anyone.

PeteClark

Thanks for the memories Jason. I haven't ridden the golden hills for 17 years (and never at quite your speed). Any videos of Mt Diablo / Morgan Territory?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thanks for the memories Jason. I haven't ridden the golden hills for 17 years (and never at quite your speed). Any videos of Mt Diablo / Morgan Territory?

Only on the Ridley from a few years ago. This one was one of the only times I descended Mt Diablo on my own because I normally ride with friends and I always keep them in my mirrors for safely. I ended up taking the KOM without down the mountain and apparently upsetting the pecking order of a bunch of local road racers as I was told by a racer friend. Don't mind the black car I was nowhere near my limit and was completely capable of moving further right if needed.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
What about the white car in front of you that impeded your progress? I think you were braking hard. I hate it when cars ahead of me are going slowly. They should all get out of the way.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Good thing we don't have descents like that around here. Bad enough that I was up to 48mph on my Catrike once. Once was enough! :eek:

PeteClark

Thanks Jason. It was great to see Mt Diablo again after all these years. If I could run your video at half speed it might seem like one of my old rides.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thanks Jason. It was great to see Mt Diablo again after all these years. If I could run your video at half speed it might seem like one of my old rides.

I actually did that for a friend with his video of us riding the motorcycles up mt Hamilton. We slowed my video down to 70% and did a side by side comparison video and we started and reached the top within 5 seconds of each other. The crazy part was how close we were through all the corners and accelerations down the strait parts. We were both riding ninja 250 bikes so the power was the same.

We wanted to know where I was faster and if it was one part over the others. What we found out is I'm equally better at everything so my friend didn't need to focus on one thing to go faster but at everything as a whole.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hey that was awsome. You know that mountain very well. I was impressed with the breaking. 80kph to 50kph in about 3 seconds just before a couple of bends. Did the rotors get kind of hot? And then pedalling back up to 80kph if that wasn't fast enough. Don't you have a twinge of fear? You were riding too with a lot of attention and not with white knuckles either. Quite a gift. :cruzbike::cruzbike::cruzbike:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Hey that was awsome. You know that mountain very well. I was impressed with the breaking. 80kph to 50kph in about 3 seconds just before a couple of bends. Did the rotors get kind of hot? And then pedalling back up to 80kph if that wasn't fast enough. Don't you have a twinge of fear? You were riding too with a lot of attention and not with white knuckles either. Quite a gift. :cruzbike::cruzbike::cruzbike:

Rotors won't get hot from just that amount of breaking, you'd need that level of braking but much more often. Never ride fast in fear, it's a bad combo, you need to understand the danger and have confidence in yourself and machine. We climb this DH in the opposite direction every Monday for our noon rides so I know the surface is clean and you only need to break for 2 blind corners. The wind gusts from the right are the trickiest part but that day wasn't too gusty.

I'll see about mounting the Gimbal and filming some of the longer 10-20 DHs in the area when I get back from Texas. I just want to show what it is we hit 60mph on out here in ca. It's definitely not the strait as an arrow DH it seems some people get to set their top speeds on.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Still working on the gps data overlays, no luck so far though. Top speed was 59 and change and if I'm not pedaling it's because I'm still rolling over 45mph even though sometimes it doesn't look like that after see what 60 looks like.

Link will be broken untill video finishes uploading, just give it 30-60 mins to finish

Looks like fun. Does it green up some in the winter?

-Eric

Suz

Oh my! My husband was wondering why I was flinching and gasping and saying an occasional swear word while watching your video. Ha! That was awesome but even the video scared the heck out of me.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Looks like fun. Does it green up some in the winter?
I used to regularly fly out to Fremont/San Jose (25+ yrs ago) and only once did I see the hills green. I was so used to brown that I thought I was in the wrong area!

I sent my brother a link to that video and received an :eek: "aaaaaiiiiiiiieeeeeee!" :eek: reply. He rides a GRR and rarely exceeds 10mph. :)

Bill K

Guru
I like the 800 watt sprint (or was it 900 watts) getting up to speed after cresting the climb.
Good thing there weren't any cars... in front of you!

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Hey, Jason, thanks for sharing.
Your lines were very familiar and comforting to watch.
Identifying with the kinetics and physics and skill-set was a real pleasure.
No: "No! That's not it!"
It was all: "Yes. Of course. That's it."

It's got to be nice to have your pedals and feet out from under your bike when you corner; it looks like you've adapted.

In other words?
More, please!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Here's what a typical flat Noon Ride looks like. When I go all the way to the back of the group I was at the very front with Justin so you're seeing everyone with us that day. Just after 36 mins the yellow trek rider breaks away about 100 meters and no one wants to work to catch him. I do just catch him at 42:10 but I had thought I was pulling the whole group at and was only planning to setup Scott for the sprint by at the end. I had no idea they all fell off and Scott had to bridge to me on his own, take a second look at the watts down that final stretch. I guess I need a second hero session for a front view so you guys can tell when and who is in the lead.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Well here's a thursday ride with the noon group. This one has a lot of climbing to it breaks up pretty quick although me breaking away if not common. Sorry for the shaky forward video, I'll get the camera mounted more solid for the next one.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well here's a thursday ride with the noon group. This one has a lot of climbing to it breaks up pretty quick although me breaking away if not common. Sorry for the shaky forward video, I'll get the camera mounted more solid for the next one.

The rider behind you at the end has very aero bars but they look too wide. Might be a camera view optical illusion but if they were narrower he might give you a bit more of a challenge. Liked the video