RojoRacing Video edits

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The rider behind you at the end has very aero bars but they look too wide. Might be a camera view optical illusion but if they were narrower he might give you a bit more of a challenge. Liked the video

Those are standard bars that come on the top end trek Madone, very aero and basic standard widths. They probably look wide because the ride is probably 5'10" and only 130 lbs. He has the typical super skinny road racer type build so his narrow shoulders make even normal bars look wide plus my wide angle lens doesn't help. He's also like 63 years old and was the only rider to hang on after we both dropped riders half his age so he ain't doing so bad. Also keep in mind narrower bars means less leverage for those out of the saddle efforts that keep you in contact with the rider ahead during those surge efforts.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Here's what a typical flat Noon Ride looks like. When I go all the way to the back of the group I was at the very front with Justin so you're seeing everyone with us that day. Just after 36 mins the yellow trek rider breaks away about 100 meters and no one wants to work to catch him. I do just catch him at 42:10 but I had thought I was pulling the whole group at and was only planning to setup Scott for the sprint by at the end. I had no idea they all fell off and Scott had to bridge to me on his own, take a second look at the watts down that final stretch. I guess I need a second hero session for a front view so you guys can tell when and who is in the lead.
Great video - What were you riding Jason?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
These will mostly be on the DF bike since it plays better in the group and the group makes for more exciting videos. I think you guys will especially like today's video when it's done.

I'll reserve Vendetta videos for the sketchy fast DHs because those don't exist in the world of bents.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Here's a good one to watch on your indoor session, just me with the group the whole time trying to keep breaks from forming. Notice how I don't chase and how the riders try to sit behind me in a game of chicken waiting to see if I'll get antsy and pull them up to the leader. It's fun to mess with the minds of road racers by doing the unexpected which is not chasing a win but instead riding with the group for fun. This can only be done if you're confident your speed is greater then most in the group though. What do you guys think of the new rear view placement and data gauges? I'm open to suggestions.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I wasn't very stoked on the top placement like a car. I like to see the riders pull through from the bottom of the screen and up into the front view. I think it makes the two view feel more connected. Did you notice the rear view in flipped? So when a ride pulls up on the bottom right them pass into the upper right when they go by. It looks better when a lot of passing is going on but looks a bit funny if you're focusing on just the rear view because the riders are shown on the wrong side of the road, unless you're in the U.K.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Data gauges are better for me. Perhaps there is a way to minimize the rear view ?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rear view is already minimized quite a bit. Plus if I decide to ride faster then most the action is happening behind me and with a smaller rear view you won't see any of it. Unless you're just looking for the view of the road with solid data but that's boring in my opinion so not the goal of these videos.

I honestly think the fast descending video with the Vendetta is a bit boring because there no other riders in the video. I wish there were more riders that could descend at those speed so I could get them on the mountain with me. I can never seem to get the other fast riders to match up with my ride schedule.

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
I wasn't very stoked on the top placement like a car. I like to see the riders pull through from the bottom of the screen and up into the front view. I think it makes the two view feel more connected.

I like the connectedness. Instead of the rear view being inset, is there a way to stack the videos above and below each other so that the smaller rear view is in its own screen and doesn't cut off the rear wheels of the riders in front of you?

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Naaaàa the V on the descent is perfect. If it frightens me it's going to frighten everyone.

What I meant about the rear view: If you touch it, is it possible to move it over to the bottom right and if you touch it again, it goes back to the original position?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Naaaàa the V on the descent is perfect. If it frightens me it's going to frighten everyone.

What I meant about the rear view: If you touch it, is it possible to move it over to the bottom right and if you touch it again, it goes back to the original position?

I can place the rear view anywhere I want but I can't make in interective for you guys to click it while watching if that what you mean. I do want to do full width split screen but I recorded the rear in 720p to speed up rendering times on my computer so I couldn't stretch it out. I'll record both at 1080p next ride and give that a shot. After all the time I spend assembling the separate files into one video and matching the data it still takes 3-4hours for my computer to actually render all the pieces into a final product then another hour to upload to YouTube. Luckily I can do other stuff while it renders but it's still a long process even with my custom built computer.

I can place the rear view anywhere I want but I can't make in interective for you guys to click it while watching if that what you mean. I do want to do full width split screen but I recorded the rear in 720p to speed up rendering times on my computer so I couldn't stretch it out. I'll record both at 1080p next ride and give that a shot. After all the time I spend assembling the separate files into one video and matching the data it still takes 3-4hours for my computer to actually render all the pieces into a final product then another hour to upload to YouTube. Luckily I can do other stuff while it renders but it's still a long process even with my custom built computer.
Is there an option to offload video processing to the GPU, that should speed up encoding significantly

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Today's ride was me just going fast regardless of when others did or didn't want to pull through, got in a good workout with some solid efforts. There were several riders who tried to get away but I always took charge after a short rest to shut it down. There's one close call with a couple riders almost running into a Harley and one more indecent where the group was split whether or not to turn left with a white truck approaching. Ride ended with me leading out the group on a long 400 watt pull while I slowly ramped up the effort to in the 600 watts before waving the riders by.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Here's a video of the vendetta off road on some of our rockier terrain in my area.

Just kidding this was actually on my Trek Domane road bike with 35mm gravel tires. No I didn't go over the bars, I caught my pedal and the bike flipped as I stepped over it, kind of funny actually. Riding with friends is fun but riding a road bike over rocks like this suck all the fun out of riding dirt.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
So I tried to capture you guys and gals some cool night footage of a technical descent in complete darkness. I know most of you here no my reputation for going fast DH but what you probably don't know is on the mtb almost every DH KOM I own on strava is done in complete darkness well after sunset. This for 2 reasons #1 almost no chance of two way traffic so it's much safer to cut loose #2 is because of how the lighting works I can see the rocks and trail texture in much better detail at night. So the road I wanted to show you guys is a bit nasty with pot holes, lots of undulations and tight blind corners so perfect to go fast when everyone is asleep. The problem is I couldn't gain any confidence approaching the corners and even though I wanted to open it up on the short straightaways I couldn't for fear on not being able to judge my stopping distance for a tight corner. Now I'm only running 1500 lumen on the DF bike vs 2100 on the mtb but you think navigating a twisty 18" dirt trail at mach speed would be so much harder then a 10' wide asphalt road but it's the exact opposite. I will say that once I got clear of the one lane bad section of road and back onto the smooth two lane stuff I could go as fast as I wanted. I'll have to play around will it a bit more to see if I can capture a decent video to share.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
If you ride in the dark and there are no street lights it can seem like floating in space. If you get a car behind you the road is illuminated from behind and the smallest bumps look huge.