Looking to buy conversion kit

hurri47

Do you want it attached to a bike, or do you want to roll your own? I still ride mine, but I have too many bikes in general. I should let my learner Cruzbike teach somebody else.

I'm in Tucson AZ and I'm not interested in yanking the kit off my functioning bike.

-Dan

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Just a suggestion to take a look at the V2K special we are now offering. $1199 build and freight included for the same cost of an un-built un-shipped Sofrider 4 YEARS AGO.
If we still sold kits, you would be hard pressed to beat the final cost of this special, and what you would end up with, after a lot of work, might not be as nice as this beauty. The V2K frame was designed as the perfect match for the CB-kit. We just added a proper fork, the CB-kit seat and front triangle parts, and a nice set of wheels and components to complete the package.

Jim

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I will agree with Jim, the V2K is a SWEET deal and having ridden them around this is an amazing price for the build and quality. Really - not just saying this because I am building them - but this quality for the price is very hard to come by.

Robert

Darren B

Thanks but I am interested in the kit to see if I like it, before putting down a substantial amount of money for a bike.

Darren

baov

If i remember well, the kit was ... what, 600$?
At 1200$, the V2K will save you the headache of hunting for the parts and building up a bike that will not save you much and waste a lot of your time.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The Conversion kit was $395 plus shipping. The V2/k Frame Kit is $700 plus shipping. So that's probably the best deal going as it gets you:

1) the Conversion kit
2) the fort with the correct rake and trail
3) frame with the right v-foil to make the seat work.

#2, #3 are the things that most conversions struggle to get right and that can make the ride unstable. The rest of the parts can be sourced or come the spare parts bin and the build will actually be representative of a proper cruzbike ride.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I am looking to buy a conversion kit. Does anyone have one for sale.

I have an acquaintance who may not be using his conversion kit, if you want to try to talk him into selling it. Keith bought it secondhand from someone here in April 2014 to use on a folding bike, but I don't believe he ever completed the build.

http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/melon-slice-folding-bike-as-donor.7332/#post-26988

He had taken the kit back off by late September 2014 and made the folder rideable as an upright again, IIRC. When I next checked with him, at the Flowood recumbent rally in May 2015, he still hadn't reinstalled the kit. A couple of us Cruzbikers were giving demo rides at lunch; Keith watched with great interest, but wouldn't try either a Silvio or my Q451, despite my direct invitation.

He hasn't logged in here since shortly after he bought the kit, but he's active on BROL as kmay.

baov

Ratz, the v2k frame kit didn't include the fork. If it did, that would have saved me a bunch of money importing the raptobike fork from the netherlands a pay 100% import duty and having tabs welded on. Oh God what a headache that was.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ratz, the v2k frame kit didn't include the fork. If it did, that would have saved me a bunch of money importing the raptobike fork from the netherlands a pay 100% import duty and having tabs welded on. Oh God what a headache that was.
That's why it's so cool that it now does include the fork. That import duty sucks ....

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
The OLD V2K frame kit in the past did not include the fork.

The package as it is now on the website includes the fork, frame, seat, front end, handlebars, hardware - just add wheels and components.

They will be ALL gone very soon though, and there will not be any more of them.

Paruig

Do you have a photo of your modified Rapto fork?
I have one I am thinking of using with a kit I have.

hurri47

I have been riding a conversion for like three years now, even since acquiring my Silvio a year ago January, but in the same position (cheap entry into Cruzbiking) today, I would be looking at one of the used Sofriders or Quests that seem to show up on Craigslist every week. Even at their best, the conversions are a crate full of compromises.

That said, I have become attached to my own conversion, and I've abandoned any plans to sell it.

-Dan

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I have an acquaintance who may not be using his conversion kit, if you want to try to talk him into selling it. Keith bought it secondhand from someone here in April 2014 to use on a folding bike, but I don't believe he ever completed the build.

I confirmed with Keith today on BROL that he has abandoned his plans to convert his Melon folding bike and wishes to sell the kit:

"I do have a Cruzbike conversion kit as well as NIB drive train parts for that project. These items are high on my list to send onwards. My folder conversion is no longer needed now that the folding TW-Bent Cobra is in the house."

http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showpost.php?p=1393172&postcount=1