V20 female riders

joy

I'm just wondering how many of us are out there, (besides Maria and Plucky Blonde) and what kind of riding you do. I'm basically an older woman on Medicare, ;), who wishes her body felt as young as her mind! I mostly do recreationaly riding with a mixed group of friends, averaging around 15 mph. I can get it up to 23 or so if passed by a younger, male df (still have some competitive spirit) but I wonder how other women are riding and how fast I might still be able to get. Who's out there on a Vendetta? Joy

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Andrea (Keeper of the Daryl) Rides a V20 now, but I don't know if she's lurking here.

joy

I wonder if part of the reason for not seeing more women on a V, is all the hype by the guys and marathon races (not being negative here), along with the perception of the difficulty of learning to ride. If women are a little afraid of the bike because of this, they shouldn't be. There's nothing like a long empty straightaway on a mup and giving it all I've got; coming upon a newly paved down hill road with no traffic and a nice leaning curve in the middle; listening to my husband laugh as I take off after someone (usually a younger male) who has passed us. And, here is a good one, driving my friends crazy as I ride along with the group at about 15 mph, with them listening to the click, click, click of my coasting hub. The Vendetta is a wonderful bike. It might take a little extra work to learn how to ride it, but it is worth it. Come on ladies, take a chance. You won't regret it.

Suz

For me it is the angle of recline. I like being a little higher up. Plus, lol, I liked the symmetry of the S30 compared to the V20 (mine is the first S30 model I think). You know, the boom angle matches the angle of the seat. I know, weird reason but it's true! Lol. Kind of like when I know the color of a vehicle instead of the specific model...
Now "they" "messed up" the symmetry to improve the drive train of all things and it has me all flustered. ;):D J/K

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
For me it is the angle of recline. I like being a little higher up.
Same for me. I tried a Vendetta last year, and I could ride it, but I prefer being a little more upright.

the perception of the difficulty of learning to ride. If women are a little afraid of the bike because of this, they shouldn't be.
That's what kept me from trying a Cruzbike for so long in the first place--all the hype on BROL about how hard it was to learn. Once I took the plunge with the Q, and finally got the hang of it, I was much more open to trying the other models. But I don't ride a Vendetta for the same reason I didn't ride a DF racing bike in my upright days: I like speed as much as the next person, I just don't have much, regardless of what bike I'm on. LOL. I went for the S30 because of its blend of speed and comfort.

I ride the S30 also. On the S30, I can leisurely pedal and keep up with my riding group. We are a social riding group. If I switched to the V..it would be harder to ride at their pace and harder to chat during the ride. As it is, they sometimes get frustrated with the amount of coasting I am able to do on my Silvio.

hoyden

Thank you, folks. Cruzbike is a totally fun ride. My endeavor is built on the support and encouragement I've received here. S30 is my 5th recumbent since discovering bents in 2000, and my favorite. Laid back, light, fast, and comfortable. The V20 even more so I imagine. S30 is also a bike I can ride all year. Out in the wild when the weather is warm and on Kreitler Rollers in the Winter.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I do not like rain or snow, but if neither of those are happening I ride on the road. I have no trainer or rollers. Sometimes in the winter it is dry but icy. That gets a bit scary.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I keep trying to convince my wife to ride one, but without a group of other female cyclists with whom she can socialize, I fear nothing will happen.

bikette

Hi !
It has been quite a time since I went on the Cruzbike forum but only yesterday since I last rode my Vendetta,
I am most certainly the only female Vendetta rider in France,
I have been riding a V for I think , time flies, about 10 years now, starting first with the yellow version and then the latest version
After experiencing riding a Silvio , and 4 different M5 bikes , among which a low racer ,

When my husband made me try my first recumbent bike in 2006 , the heaviest version of an M5 , I said WHOW! HURRAH! EURÊKA!BINGO! It was an extraordinary experience, like surfing on a perfect wave
I have cherished every bike , but the V is my pet bike, so many miles on it and the latest version has made it possible for not very tall women like me to reach the pedals comfortably, which is a problem with all recumbent bikes generally ,
They are not easy to ride when you have not eaten enough soup when a child,

Riding a recumbent is great all the more so for a woman as it makes it possible thanks to its aero to ride as fast and very often faster than upright male riders met on the way , with whom I ( and my husband when with me ) have had so many fun and fine rides
I would love to ride with female upright or recumbent riders but there so few or none of them,
A pity our revered Maria has not made clones of herself along with the Cruzbikes

The difficulty with all recumbents is the assembling and the servicing when you have like me no mechanical skill at all, the bike shops around there tending to consider our bikes as aliens not to be dealt with,
I am very lucky to have an expert husband , or else I would not ride the fine V he has assembled for me,

I only discover the ladies locker room on the forum today ,
May their daughters read their posts and be turned into recumbent riders!