Robert Holler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Robert, sorry to bother you again, I just received my front derailleur, a Shimano Tiagra FDD-4700, and I can't seem to be able to adjust it so that the chain doesn't rub on the top part of the derailleur, no matter how far up the downtube I bring it up. It almost seems like I need to rotate the derailleur. What did you use on the V2's for front derailleur?

1710795802282.jpeg

Thanks,
    Denis
    Robert Holler
    Robert Holler
    You can get a braze-on clamp, and a braze-on style FD that will be a perfect match for the clamp version.
    Robert Holler
    Robert Holler
    Also, it is hard to see from the pictures, but can you move up the DR clamp even just a small bit if there is any room?
    The Brook
    The Brook
    I've tried, I'm about 7 mm above the chainring teeth, and it still rubs, the DR needs to be rotated about 15 degrees clockwise
    Hi Robert, I've finally decided to use a 30x46 Shimano GRX crankset with a Hollowtech bottom bracket, does the Freerider need a road or mtn bike bracket??
    Thanks.
    The Brook
    The Brook
    I think I answered my question, the cup is 73 mm wide.
    Robert Holler
    Robert Holler
    It should be a standard English thread BB shell on those older bikes.
    Hi Robert, I'm looking to upgrade the gearing on my Freerider V1, I'm looking to use a 34x50 compact double, do I use a bolt on front derailleur, or a braze on with an adaptor for the Triangle's front downtube?
    Also, I'm using a square taper bottom bracket, will likely be replacing it, as it is old, and has been squeeking a bit lately, what lenght of spindle would I need to use?
    Thanks, and regards,
    Denis Rivest
    Robert Holler
    Robert Holler
    Dennis, The spindle length depends on the crank and spider design primarily. I would measure what you have and replace with the same to start. Either style of DR will work. A clamp version will likely be a bit more secure.
    The Brook
    The Brook
    Thanks
    Tom, I locked mine down with a small hose clamp. Just pull the boot up and clamp the shaft.
    Tom Roberts
    Tom Roberts
    Thanks. I've never looked under the boot so it may become obvious, but a picture of what you have done would be appreciated (if you have time).
    Tom Roberts
    Tom Roberts
    Forget my above post (expect for the "Thanks". Ratz posted your picture of the mod.
    Hey Robert, At the retreat you mentioned there was a way to lock down the front shock on the S30. ...knowledge which I never gleaned from you. Would you explain how to do that? I would like to see how different the bike feels and handles.
    Thanks
    Hi Robert, just wondering if you have any idea when the medium frame Vendetta will be back in stock?
    Thanks for any help,
    Kline
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…