Confirmed (@ratz & @LarryOz )

Hoodoo 500 August 25th 2017
OH RAAM Challenge 200/400 September 15-17 2017
The Texas Time Trials September 21-23 2017
Tentative: (@ratz )

Emmitt Smith GranFondo September 30th 2017
KickStand Classic October 2, 2017
World TT Championship 6hr,12hr,24hr November 11 2017
California Triple Crown, 2017 Season Long list.
Tentative (Check with @RojoRacing )

Social Rides

Bike Bleckley Feb 25, 2017
Completed: (@trplay , Connie, @Tigerpaw )

RedBud Ride April 20-23, 2017
Confirmed (@ChaleJake)

Minnesota Ironman Bicycle Ride April 30th 2017
Tentative: (@ratz & the @pluckyblond )

Cap-2-Cap May 13, 2017
Confirmed: (@Rich )

America's Bicycle Touring Classic May 20 – 21
Tentative: (@Mathew Fy )

WNC Flyer (formally the Fletcher Flyer) June 4 2017
Confirmed: (@Rich )

Black Bear Grand Fondo, July 8, 2017

Bikes, Blues and Bayous August 5, 2017
Confirmed (@castlerobber )

Tour de Tonka Saturday August 5th 2017
Midwest Recumbent Rally August 4,5,6th 2017
One day Ride Across Michigan August 12th 2017 (Benefits JDRF.)
Clarksville Sunrise Century September 2nd 2017
Door County Century September 10th 2017
Cruzbike Retreat October 12-15th 2017
Tentative: (@ratz & the @pluckyblond )

The Above is the list of Recumbent Friendly Races and Events for 2017.

Please add your events you'd like listed as replies and I will add them to the master topic.
Focus on ones that we know are good not just everything known to exist.
If you have links to the website please include them.
If you plan to attend the ride; I say so and you name will be compiled.

Sebring set the bar at 13 riders; you all have 10 months to best that for 2017.

This post will be mirrored in the Social forum but will be a single thread to keep things from getting duplicated and fragmented.

Last edited:

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
National 24 Hour Challenge
Middleville, Michigan
June 17, 2017
http://www.n24hc.org/
Starting in 2016, they award medals in the gender/age classes without regard to frame style. In other words, they do not discriminate against recumbents.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
http://www.clarksvillecentury.com recumbent friendly, pretty much flat (66ft max rise) and there's an "elite peloton" that tries to break the record every year. 2014 they did the century in 3:43. They say "no tandems" in the peloton but nothing about recumbents. I suspect if a Cruzbike peloton showed up, they'd ask you not to mix with the DF peloton. Would be fun to see what a well-trained Vendetta peloton could do there.

I've done this ride for several years. Bent friendly. There will be at least, my S30, an Encore, and a CA2 riding.

http://www.redbudride.com/ April 20-23

The Redbud Ride is an annual bicycle ride that starts in beautiful downtown London, KY and stretches throughout the surrounding areas. The route for the Redbud Ride passes some of the most beautiful scenery in Kentucky, filled with blooming redbud trees! This ride is a must- do for cycling enthusiasts, professionals and amateurs alike.

As of 1 Mar, we "have 1,031 cyclists from 21 states plus Ontario registered for the 2017 Redbud Ride. We can't wait to color in your state on the map. Register at www.redbudride.com. Those that register before March 15 will receive the official Redbud Ride t-shirt."

Estimates are now 1600-1800 riders. Should break a record for the most Redbud riders.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
http://www.clarksvillecentury.com recumbent friendly, pretty much flat (66ft max rise) and there's an "elite peloton" that tries to break the record every year. 2014 they did the century in 3:43. They say "no tandems" in the peloton but nothing about recumbents. I suspect if a Cruzbike peloton showed up, they'd ask you not to mix with the DF peloton. Would be fun to see what a well-trained Vendetta peloton could do there.
What about a Cruzbike AND Encore peloton to really smash the record, as more riders, equals a shorter time out front, unless it's Larry or Jason!!!!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Is that because you have never ridden with another recumbent IN the REAL world, on Earth!!!!!

Mostly yes but on the rare chance that I do I'm ether way faster or in a non drafting race. Got to keep in mind over here in CA recumbents don't race.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
What about a Cruzbike AND Encore peloton to really smash the record, as more riders, equals a shorter time out front, unless it's Larry or Jason!!!!
I've rode the Clarksville Century on my Optima Baron...back in '08 or '09, I believe. There were a couple of GRRs and a couple of stickbikes (no idea what brand). I was the only "low racer". It runs thru some beautiful back country (northern TN and southern KY), lots of tobacco farms and Mennonites. All I remember was that somewhere around mile 60 I was all alone when I started to actually overtake two riders. When I got up to them, they turned out to be two twin Mennonite girls riding matched old red Schwinns. I thought I had fallen into a Doublemint gum commercial.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The Hoo-Doo is not a good place for your first hilly race. But, if you go take Jason. It's his kind of race.
Humor Hardy humor; My only concern with the original date was the it was right at back to school time for the college kids; that was going to preclude us making it. So I'm excited now; as we can probably go as our last event of 2017.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
^ Like she said. And, what better way to see the historic Mississippi Delta than aboard a bike? Any bike, but especially a Cruzbike!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This Saturday our local town is hosting Biking Bleckley. Yes, our little town of 5000 in the deep South sponsors a bike ride. Connie, Tigerpaw, and I are known Cruzbikers who will be there. Maybe a few of you can make it?
I wish it was closer and I would be there. Maybe I can email myself there! :)
264 miles. I guess I could just ride there. If I leave tonight at 7 I should just make it for the start!:rolleyes: