Any T50 news?

Kavman

That's why I just checked in now. I'm hoping that the frame will be light enough that, with the right components, it won't be seen as just an entry level bike, that it will perform really well in its own right.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I'm hoping, though, that the front end will be more like the higher end bikes than the Q series. That's probably a pipe dream, but a guy can always dream.

Mark

DavidJL

Speaking of pipe dream, with the right size of pipe and a suitable clamp, you can do the emeljay steering mod. If T50 becomes a reality, I would do the same mod as I did on the QX100.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Speaking of pipe dream, with the right size of pipe and a suitable clamp, you can do the emeljay steering mod. If T50 becomes a reality, I would do the same mod as I did on the QX100.
I saw that mod. Glad somebody picked up on the play on words.

My point is, even on the entry level bikes, the triangulation of the higher end bikes front ends is just the way it should be. You can really tell the difference and I think they are easier to ride.

I'm sure it comes down to money, though.

Mark

DavidJL

When it comes to the Vendetta and the Silvio, getting a true triangle on the front end does have its issues, like skewer length and bottom bracket setup. On the other hand, the front derailleur is not affected by boom adjustment. Thanks for the heads up on the T50.

Rampa

Guru
I actually like the pivot built into the frame for this level of bike. Makes a lot more since for the kind of components that would be used.

The slider modding is a great idea, and one I would do. It's not for everybody, and the target use of this bike (and the Q series) is a commuter/casual bike with higher and more upright seating. Having a "high end" type setup means that the seat needs to be laid back more to acommodate someone actually sitting on it and steering. I like my seat at about 30-35, so I would be doing the mod for sure.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
When it comes to the Vendetta and the Silvio, getting a true triangle on the front end does have its issues, like skewer length and bottom bracket setup. On the other hand, the front derailleur is not affected by boom adjustment. Thanks for the heads up on the T50.
I fail to understand what skewer length has to do with where the telescoping top tube ties into the steering. That's what I was talking about, anyway.

Mark

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I fail to understand what skewer length has to do with where the telescoping top tube ties into the steering.
I think he's simply referring to the over lap of the fork + chain stay + 135mm wheels has pushed the skewers length to non standard. Prior to support 135mm wheels a Skewers from at 135mm wheel was enough to service a 130mm + the overlap.