Anyone planning on trying the M5 two-spoke wheels?

LMT

Small company. Wheel rim too narrow for modern tire innovation. No tubeless support.
Bram is also the owner of M5 recumbents, who off the back of the success of their CHR are one of the major recumbent players. I would not worry about this company going bust anytime soon or customer support suddenly vanishing.

Nice wheels, although imo these tend to be made more for the track, racing on smooth roads rather than the ardours of audax riding here in the UK. Will keep an eye on this...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I did speak to them via email; my impression is that the carbon weave direction on the 2 spoke is also not meant for the horizontal tire pressure of a tubeless which is 90 degree out of phase with a tube clincher. They specifically said NO don't do it. Basically they walked away from my order of two drive wheels.

That said I almost did it any-ways to and considered running tubes.......

Barefoot Biker

Where did this end up. Did anyone ever get one to test on a cruzbike? I obviously don't mind seeing eye rolls provided they're in my mirror!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For those of use crazy enough to try them, the progress elsewhere with tubeless one out.

ed72

Zen MBB Master
I looked at them when in Holland back in June or July. They have to be fast. How much faster and is it worth "it"......too much for me to digest with jetlag. Discussions with Bram indicated to me that he had thought thru some limitations and concerns of a two "spoke" design. They were cool looking and fun to fondle.