Anyone using a curved slider "upside down"?

BJ686

Is there anyone using a curved slider upside down? I currently use a standard chainstay and the bottom bracket is a bit low (I'm 6"). I ordered a large chainstay, which raises the bottom bracket a good bit, but it puts the boom/handlebars too low into my body.

Seems like I recall others have used the large chainstay with the curved slider upside down to resolve this. Would be interested in seeing a picture of this set up and hearing any thoughts. I wish there was a chainstay in between the standard and large! Here is a picture of my bike with the standard chainstay, and the slightly "low" bottom bracket. Bike rides great, so maybe I am looking for a solution that doesn't have a problem, but I am just curious to ride with the larger chainstay/higher BB.

ry%3D400

Last edited:

Apollo

Is there anyone using a curved slider upside down? I currently use a standard chainstay and the bottom bracket is a bit low (I'm 6"). I ordered a large chainstay, which raises the bottom bracket a good bit, but it puts the boom/handlebars too low into my body.

Seems like I recall others have used the large chainstay with the curved slider upside down to resolve this. Would be interested in seeing a picture of this set up and hearing any thoughts. I wish there was a chainstay in between the standard and large! Here is a picture of my bike with the standard chainstay, and the slightly "low" bottom bracket. Bike rides great, so maybe I am looking for a solution that doesn't have a problem, but I am just curious to ride with the larger chainstay/higher BB.
What is your X-seam? Perhaps some people can give you a better idea to determine if your bike is optimally fitted for you. The curved slider can be used oriented in either direction (up or down). It could help resolve any handlebar height issues you may be having.

I wish for the option to have both length chainstays included in the frame kit at a nominal price for those riders who are at the borderline, but it probably wouldn't be cost effective for the company to do that. It seems those between 5' 11" and 6' 1" are most unsure about chainstay length. I'd stick with a medium being within half an inch of your height, as I don't like a very high BB.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I didn't even realize it was upside-down.
This is how I have the second S30 setup-- with the curved boom, moving the handlebars 'up'.
It makes the bike even *more* comfy!

BJ686

Thanks to all for the thoughts.

I am 5'11", and did the change you are planning. I am very happy with it, the curved slider raises the handlebar just the right amount for me. I don´t think it looks silly either.

Niko, I agree, the bike looks great and the curved slider does not look odd at all.

Apollo

I am 5'11", and did the change you are planning. I am very happy with it, the curved slider raises the handlebar just the right amount for me. I don´t think it looks silly either.
I also think the curved slider on your bike looks great and flows with the angles of the frame. You also have the large chainstays and the curved slider makes sense, otherwise you'd have to use a riser to get the handlebars at a comfortable position. Stunning bike, by the way.

BJ686

What is your X-seam?

I think I am around 44".

You also have the large chainstays and the curved slider makes sense, otherwise you'd have to use a riser to get the handlebars at a comfortable position

Actually, when I tried installing just the large chainstay (without the curved riser), I also tried using a stem riser to lift the handlebars out of the body. Didn't work as it lifted the handlebars too high. See picture below with stem riser. Although I suppose I could use the curved slider to lower the bars in this set up, I think Niko's approach is the way to go.

I wonder if there is an advantage for someone on the taller side to use the large chainstay to (1) make more aero and (2) create a more closed position for pedaling.

ry%3D480

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
LOL, I have been running the 'upside down' slider for almost a year...and this weekend took it off. I wanted to experiment with a standard chainstay...which put the handlebars way up in the air with the curved slider. Not enough room to run it 'rightside up', so I went back to a straight one. Worked perfectly. Put 18mi on it yesterday and I think the lower BB position (due to the std chainstay) is beneficial, the bike feels more stable to me. There are pix of mine set up with the curved slider around here somewhere...ah here it is when I installed it back in August of 2016.

v20-curvy-jpg.3067

Last edited: