Bessie's Creek 2017

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
www.bessiescreek24.com

Date: April 6-7-8, 2017
6-hr, 12-hr, 24-hr, and 511 mile events

Anyone going to this event (or live nearby)?
I am considering going and doing the 6-hour.
Would be great if there was someone local that could hand me water bottles on the loop.

LarryOz

I am definitely going to this event now.
I am going to ride the 6-hour, and will shoot for 150 miles.
The weather, the Vendetta, and myself will all have to be perfect for that to happen.
I will also have to find someone to hand me bottles because if I have to stop to self-service that will slow me down for sure.
Jim is about an hour away - am may be able to help but not sure of his schedule.
Anyone else nearby?

Driving down with a fellow UMCA DF rider (Gerry Eddleman) who has about 100 UMCA records to his name
I am pretty sure he will be purchasing a Vendetta by the time we get back from this race. :)
1 week to go from tomorrow - no taper - just wide open :)

PeteClark

Larry
I live about one hour from the course and would love to watch the race / hand up bottles. Unfortunately we're having house guests, including 3 little boys, and I've promised not to abandon my wife. Good luck to you!
PeteClark

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Is this only viewable by Apple users in the US?

All I get on a PC in the "The GREAT Downunder" is a big Q slowly Fading on and off every 10 seconds!
Here in the US I get that fading on and off big Q in FireFox. However, Google Chrome leads to a sign in/register now page. The link is no longer valid, but at least you can create a quarqnet.com account in Chrome. You a FireFox guy?

PS: Go Pies!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Here in the US I get that fading on and off big Q in FireFox. However, Google Chrome leads to a sign in/register now page. The link is no longer valid, but at least you can create a quarqnet.com account in Chrome. You a FireFox guy?

PS: Go Pies!
I am a WINDOWS 7 64 bit Google Chrome man!!!

LarryOz

I am so wiped.
Officially 141.9 miles in 6 hours.
The wind was a constant 20- 25mph all day. It actually just kept getting stronger as the day went on.
I was the fastest recumbent, but I was also the slowest recumbent!

The wind was just brutal. Like climbing a 7 mile hill at 5 % grade every 21 mile loop.
Video and ride report as soon as I can put it together

PeteClark

You da Man Larry! The southbound leg must have been a struggle. Thanks for pushing the boundaries and challenging the tribe to follow your example!