Bike Sebring 2018

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Slim we new south Welshmen the most populace state have actual employment jobs Australia’s economic centre no nick Xenophon performing super funds electricity turned on stolen water and clean water and amenable climatic conditions here .
Can’t argue the numbers even from 2008.
So what if you are a decade out like all South Australia . It is still a beaut hot dry dark thirsty dirty dusty place to be.

Mate seriously now I’m hoping to retire at sixty. But it’s a moveable feast. Depends on stock market and my missus. Oh yeah and having good health. ....god willing.

When I saw you at Greps Cross, I thought you was older, after a dangerous crossing of the Nullabor in South Australia, on a VERY narrow, and NO shoulder National Highway 1 !!!!
Being a Labour State for the last 16 years, Road funding from a Liberal Federal government is low!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I'm a bit confused; in the photo it appears that Larry has the least amount of bend to his knee which should mean that his max degree is a higher number rather than lower...but you seem to be saying the opposite. 100 degree angle is more open than 90 degrees, right?

I have the BB so far in because I had problems keeping traction with it farther out. With the BB farther out, it allows me to really pull on the upstroke, which was causing my power to spike real high in one spot of my pedal stroke which caused wheel slip. With the BB in closer, I really have no power on the upstroke pull and have to spin faster, but at least no wheel slip.
The 110 degrees, around the top of the knee, is the amount of bending of the knee, when the pedal is closest to the rider, from the leg fully extended, with calf and thigh bones aligned.

Try doing a swat so the knee angle is 90 degrees, then stand up, while having someone on the side of you to tell you the knee angle, then try it at 110 deg. bend,, and try and stand up!
The 110 deg angle is a LOT harder to stand up.

A more scientific test is to do leg presses at 90 and 110 degrees knee angles and see what weight can be pushed!

For an older guy like me, going from 175 to a 153 mm crank, extended the severe knee pain from 3 hrs, out to 6 hrs of touring riding!

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
My knees are quite sensitive. After shortening my cranks I can put 200watts down and still walk. I think this says a lot for shorter cranks. The only drawback is a limitation in powermeters as you won't find cheap crank based powermeters.

jond

Zen MBB Master
When I saw you at Greps Cross, I thought you was older, after a dangerous crossing of the Nullabor in South Australia, on a VERY narrow, and NO shoulder National Highway 1 !!!!
Being a Labour State for the last 16 years, Road funding from a Liberal Federal government is low!

Lol being smacked by a caravan ages you ten years...

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Lol being smacked by a caravan ages you ten years...
I did not want to mention that detail, as Aussy roads might be seen as dangerous to ride on!!!!

Did you get the licence plate of the caravan, as I bet it was a Victorian, as they are the worst drivers in Australia, closely followed by Sth. Aust., with reluctantly NSW being the best, as the drivers on a freeway OPEN up a gap to let a blending car in!