Bottles, bags, luggage racks

Kit Bradley

I got a Sofrider V3 and now that I've got the basic techniques down, I was wondering how to add the amenities.

The purpose behind the bike (other than learning how to ride a Cruzbike in anticipation of getting a Vendetta for my birthday) will be to do errands around town and to ride on those rides where I won't be going balls-out fast (my wife prefers a more relaxed style of ride). So, I'll be doing forty-mile plus rides with my wife, and shopping.

As such. . . where does a person put the water bottle(s)?

What's the best seatbag?

How does one put on a luggage rack to handle panniers for grocery shopping?

Thanks in advance!

SamP

Guru
There should be holes to mount two water bottles cages on the back of the seat. Getting to those bottles while riding will probably need some practice. You will need nuts for the bolts. You can also mount a cage to the steering riser and possibly to the telescoping front tube with the appropriate adapters. I actually used tape for several weeks until I could get the bottles out from behind the seat.

Kit Bradley

Sam, I put on a bottle mount! I don't mind having to stop now and then until. . .

Emel, I like the cut of your jib. I've already ordered one of those to put on the boom!

Thanks to both of you!

Stephan Petry

Please look at the information from Recubent bikology. They used an old man mountain sherpa rack fitted on backwards with ortlieb bags and radical design bags. I used this same setup with commuter arkel panniers (no longer manufactured).

Kit Bradley

Thanks for all the help! After looking at how the Old Man Sherpa rack was fitted on a Cruzbike, I used a couple corner angles to attach an old rack I had lying around to the Sofrider and threw on a trunk for day-to-day rides, and use panniers for when I go grocery shopping, so all is good, there. For longer riders, I put a water bottle mount on the handlebar stem to get to more easily than reaching around my seat (which is not comfortable, yet), though I do keep an extra water bottle there - which has been needed since it's above 90 degrees, here, right now!