Carbon Seats for the Silvio and Vendetta?

thebean

There seems to be some discussion that carbon seats will be available for both models. John, any idea when? What a great addition to both!

BentBierz

Hope that ends up being the

Hope that ends up being the case...I would definitely want one and would hope that I would be able to return by unused seat.

KiwiGuy

When will the carbon seats be available??

I'm assuming that carbon seats will become available for the Vendetta and Silvio in the near future for a couple of reasons:

#1. I recall that Eric Winn mentioned in an earlier post that the fibre-glass seat on his bike was a temporary fix until the carbon seat arrived.

#2. Carbon seats are pretty much standard for high-racers, and have been for close on a decade.

John, to echo Lisa's question, are you able to provide an estimated date by which the Vendetta (and Silvio??) will be shipping with carbon seats?

Kind regards...

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Pros and Cons of The Current Seat

Is there a disadvantage to the current fiberglass seat with the carbon lamination over a fully carbon seat? I admit that when I first saw the backside of Eric's seat, I was disappointed with the "raw" look of the exposed fibers, but with the seat mounted, it is hardly seen. Talking from an aesthetic point of view, it doesn't bother me at all.

Jeremy S

Dude
My thoughts on the seat on

My thoughts on the seat on my Silvio 2.0:

Others have written about this, but one disappointing aspect of the assembled bike is the fit of the fiberglass seat (which, incidentally, was advertised as carbon fiber when I ordered). The two parts of the seat (pan and back) don't fit together well. After sanding off some protruding corners (wearing a mask, in a ventilated area) there are still irregular gaps on either side of the seat where the fiberglass shows. I would rather have a one piece seat, which would avoid this issue. The front edge of the seat pan rubs paint off of the frame. The seat cushions also don't seem to quite fit the seat. The seat bottom cushion is a different shape from the seat pan, and leaves some uncovered area on the sides, including a couple of bolt heads. The seat back cushion seems too long and butts into the headrest cushion.

I believe these issues with the seat are ultimately cosmetic, and when I'm actually sitting in the seat become non-issues.

As for the issue of fiberglass with a carbon top coat versus full carbon , I'm not sure if I care. The underside of the seat is hard to see once installed. Of course a lighter, stiffer seat would have benefits. If Cruzbike offered this as an upgrade later on, and the price weren't outrageous, I'd probably bite (although part of me says I shouldn't have to pay for an upgrade, having ordered when the seat was advertised as carbon fiber...)

KiwiGuy

Happy for you to take time to get the design right.

Hi John

I understand the importance of getting the design right before you commit to a mold. So I'm fine with the fact that you haven't finalised the design.

Obviously I haven't tried the current two part seat because I don't yet own a Vendetta, but like Jeremy I'd prefer a one piece seat.

If it is of any help, the Volae one-piece carbon seat works perfectly. I've never heard any comments to the contrary. I understand that your seat will be a little different because of the approach you've taken. I'm thinking more about the shape of the seat at the bottom.

Kind regards....