Conversion Kit question

chrisblessing

At the risk of double posting, (in the conversions category) I wonder if anyone might have the actual thread size, pitch and length of the allen-head bolt used to secure the conversion kit chainstay to the fork adapter.

Many thanks.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I'll have to check when I get home this evening. My brain sez it is probably M6 with a length of ~12-15mm...but I wouldn't go trusting my elderly old brain.

chrisblessing

Thanks @trapdoor2. I ask because the bike is quite far away (Thailand) at the moment while I'm in Malaysia. I found and installed a 135mm front fork and did away with the adapters. When the Thai machinist fitted the chainstay to the tabs I had brazed on, he used a different hex bolt and misplaced the originals. I'll be in the US this summer and will try to find something closer to the originals.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Ok, I've pulled one out and measured it, bigger than I guessed. It is M8 X 20 'coarse'. Which means it is 8mm in diameter with a thread pitch of 1.25mm. Grip length is 20mm.

Hopefully, this is the bolt you need. I included a picture just in case.

Attachments

• Conversion chainstay bolt.jpg
    Conversion chainstay bolt.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 18

chrisblessing

@trapdoor2, you're a genius. Thanks for much for this. I've posted a photo of the new fork and adapter. I still have some grinding, filing and final powder coat to finish up.

Attachments

• IMG_20170408_133138.jpg
    IMG_20170408_133138.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 23