Cruzbike anywhere from Houston to New Orleans?

Cruz bike anywhere from Houston to New Orleans?

• Yes, you can see it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, you can ride it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat Edwards

Interested in getting a Cruzbike but not willing to do so sight unseen.
Hoping to locate someone with a Cruzbike within driving distance so that I can actually see one before buying.

Thanks, Pat

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Jackson MS here. How far is that from Lake Charles?
Google says between 275 and 300 miles, depending on route. But if Pat's willing to drive this far, we could arrange a meeting and let him see all the Cruzbikes.

I bought my first Cruzbike without ever having seen one in person. A few months later, I found out that @ReklinedRider lives in the next county over and had two Cruzbikes. I ended up buying one of his as well.

I have a Quest 451 and a Silvio 1.5; he has a Sofrider and a Vendetta-in-progress.

Pat Edwards

Jackson is about 300 miles from my home so would make for a very serious trip.
I appreciate your contacting me but considering the distance I would like to wait a few days to see if someone much nearer is available.
However, I am willing to make the drive if necessary.

Thank you very much, Pat

Pat Edwards

Just after sending my response I saw the comments from Castlerobber so want to again express my gratitude.
That is truly an offer of hospitality. But, once again the distance is quite large so I need a few days to consider.
In order to make the trip I would need to time it so that I do not arrive there during a rain storm,
And, I would need to know when to make a target time so that I do not interfere with work or other scheduled activities.

mzweili

Guru
Pat,
I was in the same situation. I bought my Silvio 2 only based on all the comments in this forum.
Two years later I can tell you that I have great fun and no regrets.
Anyway, I'm quit sure that a first ride wouldn't give you a good appreciation of the potential of these bikes.
Jump on it, learn to ride and have fun, you won't regret it.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Pat,
I was in the same situation. I bought my Silvio 2 only based on all the comments in this forum.
Two years later I can tell you that I have great fun and no regrets.
Anyway, I'm quite sure that a first ride wouldn't give you a good appreciation of the potential of these bikes.
Jump on it, learn to ride and have fun, you won't regret it.
I second that motion, but for a Vendetta.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Battleaxe0 was 129 miles from you, in Baton Rouge, but sold his white Silvio on Oct 19, 2015. He switched to a Vortex trike. Maybe whoever bought the Silvio from him is close by.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Yeah I bought mine having never ridden one; bought a used Sofrider more out of curiosity than anything else. Once I got the hang of it (without benefit of Ratz's rules, this was before) I sold my other recumbent, not because the Sofrider was faster but because it was more FUN. Then bought the Silvio 1.5 (also used) that castlerobber mentioned above.

All that to echo what's been said above--a test ride will be unlikely to give you a good appreciation, but most of us who made the plunge have no regrets. And, if you do make the long trip we'll be sure to get you started using ratz' guidelines for the best possible experience. I'm pretty sure there are some other CB owners in Louisiana though; if they see your request that would be the way to go. I'd send Battleaxe0 a PM if I were you.

1happyreader

zen/child method
My wife said you would rather buy a used bike instead of a new laptop ??? YOU NUTS !!
mmmmmm yup,
Drove 130 miles one way to pick up a craigslist Sofrider .
put it on a trainer and adjusted boom, played with all the controls.
You tube "how to ride" and page 13 of the users manual. ( pre Ratz sheet )
Took my time in an empty parking lot with a childlike wonder and 90 min later I thought I knew where the wheels were.
Got home and my wife said " Wanna go for a ride ? "
Thirteen (13) MUP ( multi use path )miles showed I needed work on pedaling thru slow speed turns and on pausing balance.
Should have spent more time going slow,,,, but faster is tempting fun.

A test ride would have made me uptight and not allowed me to get a feel for how it was supposed to ride.
Watch Craig's list and try a buy a used sofrider ,, Then when You buy your shiny new cruzbike you can teach newbies on your older ride.
Now I gotta con,,,, err ,,,convince my wife that shiny new is needed.
Later,,,, bye

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
After having read the comments posted by my fellow Cruzbikers, I thought I'd add my $00.o2.

My research led me to buy, sight unseen, my beloved Sofrider online.
Like an idiot, my test rides were done on the street, commuting to work.
Fear of breaking bones in the very, very steep and very deep ditches that flanked the road taught me to
ride pretty straight.
Fear of breaking bones on pickup truck bumpers taught me to ride straighter still!
Don't do what I did: Please learn off-road;
Cruzbikes are awesome bikes and are well worth putting in the time, learning how to ride a really efficient recumbent bike.

Jackson is a good 12 hour drive away from Hixson, TN. Sorry.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Pat made the trek to Jackson yesterday to meet with ReklinedRider and me. The gray, misty weather of the morning backed off, fortunately, so we had a pleasant couple of hours to chat(ter excitedly) and let Pat get a good look at a Sofrider, Silvio, and Quest. He did some coastdowns on the Q, but with the limited time, didn't get all the way to pedaling. We attracted the attention of a passing tadpole triker who was taking a shortcut across the parking lot, as well as a neighborhood woman who stopped to find out where she could get one of those bikes. A good time was had by all.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Yep a very pleasant afternoon using the ratz rules for new riders. Pat I hope you get your Cruzbike soon and if ever back this way please do give us a shout out!