Cruzbike KOM videos

Discussion in 'Cruzbike Adventures (Solo, Randonneur, Social)' started by LarryOz, May 15, 2017.

1. LarryOz

LarryOz Zen MBB Master

Here is my latest video of me taking a pretty old KOM on my Vendetta.
    I think I took 5 or 6 during the 2 1/2 hours I rode around, but this was probably the best one.
    This was down one of the last roads of the Raven Rock Ramble that some of us rode 4 days earlier.
    Doug Kline lives nearby and he and his wife learned to ride their Vendetta's on this very nice, basically quite road.
    Doug led me out - but he was so fast it was not really a lead- out! :p
    Enjoy:

Funny - the guy I took it from accused me of only going out and riding just the segment to capture the KOM (even though I had already been riding and doing hard intervals for 90 minutes prior. Then he tells me he captured the KOM with a large group led by 5 prior Pro-Am racers - with a decent tailwind. What nerve!:eek:

jond, bazzawill, pedlpadl and 5 others like this.
  2. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Holy cow, nice ride Larry! Dad gum it guys, why don't you, Jason. Jim, etc ride in some of these major events as a train and set some serious records?

DavidCH likes this.
  3. Lief

Lief Guru Schmuru

What...A...Ride!
    Pushing over 300 watts for that long?-I would pop.

Nice kom.

tiltmaniac likes this.
  4. super slim

super slim Zen MBB Master

I could NOT achieve 300 watts to start with!!!

CruzLike and Lief like this.
  5. DavidCH

DavidCH In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity

That road looks as though it's been purpose built for crazy fast cycling. To me it's the red carpet of roads. Lucky chap

LarryOz likes this.
  6. pedlpadl

pedlpadl Well-Known Member

I spent a lot of time learning to ride my Vendetta on that road t00. Nice pavement and very little traffic. It is a really fast stretch. Especially if you're Larry. Nice KOM!

Jeffrey Ritter and LarryOz like this.
  7. Larry/Doug, where exactly is this? I live in North Durham and it looks like a fun challenge and training site. I have the RRR maps-any indicator of mile or road will be great. Thanks

8. Doug Kline

Doug Kline Well-Known Member

It's Shearon Harris road in front of the nuclear power plant.

9. Lief

Lief Guru Schmuru

That explains the speed then.

10. LarryOz

LarryOz Zen MBB Master

Yeah - you glow as you go by! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

super slim likes this.
  11. CruzLike

CruzLike Well-Known Member

Just as Spider-man was bit by a radioactive spider to give him super abilities and David Banner was exposed to too much gamma radiation and when he gets mad he becomes the Hulk. Wait... The Hulk. Weren't you looking for a nickname?

super slim and LarryOz like this.