CruzBikers on Zwift

Discussion in 'Cruzbike Class (Riding & Refining your Technique)' started by RojoRacing, Dec 18, 2016.

1. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Thanks, knowing its not just me makes me feel a lot better. I now have the streaming part up and running but guess what? Yep, that dang audio has that familiar blender sound :( It aslo hears itself and loops getting and louder till you're blown out of the room?

2. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Last night I was field testing my discord/Beam.pro live streaming and I got busted by Rojo. Since my discord site is deadly quiet I figured I would use a live race that has lots of activity on it to check my system. Wouldn't you know it? Up pops Rojo to bust my chops. I am failing miserably getting the Team Moose live channel going. I have the channel streaming but the video, as well as an audio time lag, is well below acceptable levels to do what I am hoping for. It might be my puter or bandwidth or knowledge. Most likely all of the above. Time to go visit a friend.

3. RojoRacing

RojoRacing Donut Powered Wise-guy

I had just finished racing and was on an extended cooldown spin when I checked discord to see if anyone was on. Somehow I spotted you over in that other channel and figured I see if you dialed in your setup yet. I had no idea I was spamming a live facebook video feed :lol Whoever that ride leader was his audio kind of sucked and it was picking up some static or background noise but still not at Hardy levels though. I changed my fan location so I wonder if I was coming through clear enough?

4. RojoRacing

Zwift name update

I have just changed me zwift name from ..Bwahaha to ..FTP OVER 9000

If you don't get the power level over 9000 you are clearly to old and haven't watched enough anime. Clearly a lot of people liked it and or understood the reference because I scored a massive 29 ride on's during today's ride.

5. anotherbrian

anotherbrian New Member

This is probably more of a "these go to eleven" crowd.

Macross and Thunder Cats is what was on when I was a teen.

6. RojoRacing

:emoji_joy: Thundercats was so corny I just couldn't handle it.

7. ratz

ratz Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

So basically we have Jason on MTB's

IMG_1421.JPG

And Jason on a V20

IMG_1420.JPG

super slim likes this.
  8. RojoRacing

Bwahahaha

V20 makes you a super saiyan, I feel a marketing angle here.

9. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

I feel so old. Howdy Doody Time was my show (look it up). Of course,Captain kangaroo wasn't bad but by that time I was shooting bunnies with a 22 not watching them on television.

Tigerpaw likes this.
  10. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Finally some success. Tonight we live streamed Ms. Daisy's Zwift race and used discord for the audio with the grandkids watching and cheering 200 miles away. They cheered her all the way, worth about a gazillion extra watts. A fun night.

[​IMG]

Tigerpaw, ReklinedRider, ratz and 3 others like this.
  11. RojoRacing

12. ratz

this just confirms you were watching dragon ball at far too young an age; and I was importing it pre-internet days at far too old an age.

13. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

I need some help. I have spent countless hours surfing the net but have yet to find an inclusive guide on how Beam.pro works. I have several questions, the first being how do you do the custom overlays? I choose Beam simply because it was the first streaming app I found. Now I see twitch and you-tube also offer the same free services and wonder if one of these might be a better route before I get too immersed in this. You-tube seems like a logical route. Video and commo lag continue to be a show stopper. Could it be my equipment? If so how do I determine this? Any help or links are appreciated. Link to the Team Moose Playground here: https://beam.pro/trplay

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017 at 2:09 PM
  14. RojoRacing

On zwift right now leading Jasmijn around at 200 watts for her distance record thing. Watopia volcano flat route

15. RojoRacing

Going to hop into the Kiss Americas PM race starting at 5:15pm PST if anyone want's to join or just watch. 10 laps of the volcano CCW loops and based on the european race earlier today should be around 1hour for the leaders.

16. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

I saw this too late. Trying to find you on the course to check out the discord.

17. RojoRacing

Just got done and that was tough. I wanted to quit after 15-20 mins but I hung tough. We would surge to 8wkg going into the volcano on the finish line side every lap and it was hard to know if you had to go with the 3 riders breaking away or if you could sit in the following group of 10-15. You needed to go hard to stay with ether group but to stay with the top 3-4 just in case they managed to break away forced you to burn that one extra match. I have terrible 15 second power compared to these guys so I figured out if I started at the very back and then surged for a longer 30 seconds, I could ride through the group and reach the front with the riders leading the attack with the same speed. I was hard to tell with a group of close to 40 but we were losing riders after every surge and by the time we hit the last last I'm sure we were less than 15 deep. There were a few fake surges on the last lap to get the leeches in the group to burn their last match too early but I wasn't biting. I may be a leech in the A group right now but I'm a smart leech and I wont be at the rear forever. With less than a mile to go we rounded the volcano and the entrance and final climb to the finish was now in sight. I surged hard and just as early as previous laps but the leaders were going all out. I dropped my drafting powerup and worked my way to about 6th but I could only manage about 8wkg and that wasn't enough to continue forward. I started losing tough with the rider in front of me but the rider behind me was in even worse shape so rolled across the line by myself. A another great KISS race in the books and thanks everyone who took part.

18. ratz

If there's not a picture it never happened; so here you go.

19. RojoRacing

so sick thanks, I'm so posting that for my CA friends to see what I'm doing instead putting them in the pain locker

so how'd you record it and is it only up to 480p or is it still rendering?

20. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

I just missed catching you. I'll catch you next time, keep posting ahead like you did. I want to check out the discord and how it syncs with the timing of the race. I'm gaining ground on the streaming and trying to set up a system so all the Cruzbikers and other recumbents can gather to race or just cheer the racers on. Hope everyone who has expressed interest doesn't loose faith before I get it up and running. I could launch now but I think the product would stink. Hopefully, when it is launched it will be good enough to keep everyone's interest and grow into a decent Cruzbike activity.