Custom V setup

Finally got the bike assembled and dialed in. Took about 30 minutes practice to get familiar with starting technique.

I am using quarter inch zote foam strips for the seat pad as I do not want to loose power transfer with a thick cushion seat pad. I eventually will make two minimal size carbon fiber storage compartments under the seat. One for tools. The other for a hydration pack.

Brake levers are HED 3rd lever which attach to Shimano bar end shifers. Very minimal in size with plenty of stopping power.

Definitely a cool bike.

V bike 1.jpg
V bike 2.jpg

V bike 3.jpg ;

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Wow, thats a very nice

Wow, thats a very nice looking setup. Must be very fast. It would be nice to see your hand position with you seated on it.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Yes, This will make an

Yes, This will make an excellent promotional photo for the V! So eye catching! Looks expensive!!

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
@Mr. V
This looks like a

@Mr. V
This looks like a competition bike, are there any competitions on the horizon?

Its such a clean result, I wonder how you might handle hydration?

John

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Sweeeet!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing... a perfect bike for some short track competition. Not sure the foam strips would be enough cushioning on a 12 or 24 hour road race. There will be at least three Vendettas competing at Bike Sebring next month.

I'd love to see this beautiful bike compete somewhere. Nice build!

Jim

Excellent Bike John

Hi John & Jim,

My V is set up as a 40K time trial race bike. If I was an ultra racer I'd be using a thicker seat pad. The handlebar modification tucks in my arms and hands for a compact riding position. The hydration pack, pump and tools will be placed in back of the seat to keep air flowing past my torso as clean as possible.

The Vendetta is a bike with superb design quality and very high production standards. I am looking forward to riding and racing the V.

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Let us know when you'll be

Let us know when you'll be racing. I've never done a 40K race and that might be a very good distance for me on the V. That's the distance we ride on or basic "ride-before-work" ride.

Jim

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Great

Just great:

with no paper towel close at hand,
I resorted to using my wrist to mop up
the drool that spontaneously appeared,
the moment I saw your bee-youu-teee-fuuul
Vendetta.

Sincerely, beautiful.
Congratulations, Mr. V!

-Steve

JAE1969

WOW is right.  All I can do

WOW is right. All I can do is drool as Aug 3rd (day of my Vendetta assembly completion) can't come soon enough. The Vendetta in general is SEXY by itself, let alone when it gets tricked out like this. Well played. I too would love to see some video.

Mr.X

The Vendetta in the photo is for sale

Had a nasty crash on a bike a while ago and will not be riding recumbents anytime soon. Currently in the process of selling all my bike related stuff. The custom V bike in the photo is now for sale.

I tried for weeks to log onto this forum but my password was not cleared so I created a new account as Mr.X.

If anyone is interested in the Vendetta contact me at: a.ariail@comcast.net. The bike is located in the Chicago area.
I still have the shipping box and original handlebars and headrest. John T has the original barcon shifters and brake levers that came with the bike. If those components are needed the new owner will have to contact Cruzbike directly.

The original wheelset that shipped with the bike will be the wheels included with the bike. The Renn rear disc and ZIPP 1080 will be sold on e-bay or to anyone who is interested in purchasing for their Vendetta. The Ultegra triple cranks in the photo are included with the bike. Anyone interested can contact me via e-mail to discuss price as I rarely view this forum.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Hey...sorry to hear the news.

I hope you're going to heal well from your injuries; it's a shame to be forced off the bike and to sell a beauty like your can't be an easy decision.

Take care.