Eyeglasses while leaning back

bret

I wear progressive lenses as my natural lenses were removed, so my eyes don't change focus anymore. The shape corrects for distance near the middle-to-top of the lens, and corrects for reading at the bottom of the lens.

Now I'm leaning back on my Cruzbike, and the road is blurry.

I'm thinking of getting dedicated single-vision (distance) glasses for riding.

Any experience? Any thoughts?

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
I wear single vision lenses despite strongly needing progressives. In my experience single vision work well for riding the Silvio, going out for a run, driving the car, etc. Believe they will work great if I get an even more laid back Vendetta. During the rest of the day they can be frustrating at times. For a number of common tasks they need to be slid down the nose. For example, to type at the computer, and slid even further down the nose to work on any projects involving the hands close up, assembly of small parts, soldering, etc.

If you can get used to switching between two pairs of glasses I believe you've solved your problem. I feel the single vision glasses are superior when near vision is not required. The world looks better in them than it ever did when I wore progressives.

I need glasses for distance only. I wear small lenses that allow looking under for close vision. These work perfectly for reclined use. With other sports I’ll wear one contact for distance, the other eye is good for reading. An alternative may be to get bifocal lenses with the dividing line is adjusted for your position on the bike.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I wear progressive lenses as my natural lenses were removed, so my eyes don't change focus anymore. The shape corrects for distance near the middle-to-top of the lens, and corrects for reading at the bottom of the lens.

Now I'm leaning back on my Cruzbike, and the road is blurry.

I'm thinking of getting dedicated single-vision (distance) glasses for riding.

Any experience? Any thoughts?
I am short sighted (-5.0), and used to use Progressive lenses, until talking to two Yanks(USA riders), I rode with from Canada to Mexico, who both extolled the virtues of trifocal lenses, which in Australia, are very rare, but tried it, and was very happy as no problems with having to constantly move by head up and down to get the glasses in focus!
These were perfect for the Silvio V1.0 with 45 degree seat back as the road view was through the far zone, and the speedo and GPS was in the middle zone(16" from eyes)!

When I bought the Silvio S30 with a 28 degree seat back, I needed a single vision glasses, as my head is about 10 degree behind vertical, and it worked well, as the GPS I can just see as on the handle bar (21" from eyes) and speedo which is down the steerer tube with the headlight, just above the head stem (31" from eyes)

hurri47

There are not always perfect solutions. I'm a progressive lens guy most of the time. I got some single vision sunglasses for my Fujin lowracer (similar recline to the fast Cruzbikes) because I was missing all the scenery lying back. The single visions fixed that, but now I can't read the small numbers on the Garmin because it's too close to me. Grrr.

-Dan