FWD MBB with 100 degrees steering angle and negative offset.

Balor

Zen MBB Master
Behind the seat, the rack is the frame. Very neat.

Yea, this is one of my better ideas I think. You can also swap rear forks for, say, aero fork with less A2C for TT, but in case of this bike this is like putting a lipstick to a pig :). It is also massively overbuilt I suspect, but 'better safe than sorry'.

A fear hundred kg? How much weight can that chain take? Going down a steep hill, approaching a turn, and it snaps? How quickly can you learn to do no-hands?

Chain are rated to a one ton of tension, but usually snap around two tons (actual testing), unless worn out or shifted under load (not applicable). Might as well worry about boom snapping in half on Vendetta. But talking of 'better safe than sorry': if I am to repeat this experiment, I'll be using two chains in parallel.

Oh, and I should also note that if chain is ever to break, this is when climbing (steering does not stress the chain, countering pedal steer torque does), and can assure you that with total weight of me plus bike being about 300 pounds I'll not be climbing at speeds that are dangerously fast :D.

Maybe after I'll finally get to making one in composite... and lose some (lots) of weight.

Last edited:

James Strutton

Following this with interest , the biggest issue with fwd mbb is steering interference especialy aplying power uphill . I think I may have developed a simple solution to eliminate the problem . Im trying to judge if there is actually that much call for such a solution before investing to much time , feedback appreciated

Balor

Zen MBB Master
Following this with interest , the biggest issue with fwd mbb is steering interference especialy aplying power uphill . I think I may have developed a simple solution to eliminate the problem . Im trying to judge if there is actually that much call for such a solution before investing to much time , feedback appreciated

I don't really think that 'steering interference' is that much of a problem compared to flop and steering inertia, really... mostly when starting.
But what exactly do you propose?