Homebuilder selling up

McWheels

Off the long run
There's a guy in the UK (not me), who's built a MBB lowracer. Photos here. BHPC forum post here.

He's getting rid of it for pennies(!), mainly because he isn't that impressed by the stability. My inclination was the headtube angle being increased by the position of the front axle. Any thoughts from architects here?

hurri47

Looks as if a smaller front wheel would have improved the range of design decisions about steering geometry. This looks like the bike you built to learn, "Oh, THAT's why it's done the other way." If you go with a smaller front, you might do some good with a redesign of the front triangle and still be able to use everything from the head tube back as is. If you insist on the big front wheel, I think the entire frame from the seat forward wants rethinking.

The tail fairing looks awesome. It's probably the biggest reason for the speed improvement over the Nocom.

-Captain Obvious Dan

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Yes, Captain Dan!

Also, the video he made showed lots of pedal steer.
More time on the bike he made may have helped;
a more road bike style handlebar would also have helped.
Those sweet-looking hamster bars were probably not very effective on his FWD MBB home brew.
You know, isolating the bike from his core and arm inputs.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I can ride my V with little tiny handlebars, but only after learning to ride it with wider bars for a long time.
I'll bet if he put some regular bars on it for awhile and learned to ride it that way, he might have a better experience.
Then when he gets the hang of it, learn to ride with the hamster bars.
Wonder if he'll send it to the US? I'd love to play with it!