I love company!

Robert O

I've been riding a slightly different route home from work this week. My usual rails-to-trails path has a detour due to some construction, so I'm running a longer, but more scenic trip along the Green River. This afternoon I was rolling south when I saw a tadpole trike ahead. I rolled past with an "on your left" and "Hello!". Put another half mile in or so, when I saw a recumbent coming my way. As we passed, I realized that it was another Cruzbike. Flipped a fast U-turn, and cranked up the road to catch up. As I got close, the rider was just pulling over to adjust his rear brake quick release. Turns out that his name is Les, and he's had his S30 for a couple of months. I mentioned a few of the other Seattle-area Cruzbike riders that I knew. Welcome to the club!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Awesome! Welcome Les!
My route this week around that construction has been on the roads.

Wouldn't be so bad except the road is really bumpy and no shoulder.
I should stay on the trails and meet other Cruzbike instead!!

Robert O

Awesome! Welcome Les!
My route this week around that construction has been on the roads.

Wouldn't be so bad except the road is really bumpy and no shoulder.
I should stay on the trails and meet other Cruzbike instead!!
I took 4th Ave N once, but the pavement isn't great and traffic is obnoxious. The Green River Trail and Frager Road are a nicer option.

Hey, Monday I did a relaxed 87 miles up to Bothell and back via Redmond and the Seattle Waterfront. I saw five other recumbents along the way!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
"Up" to Bothell is pretty descriptive to. You either go up, down, or around on those roads.