Joined The Tribe

joy

Regarding the neck rest, I don't know how tall you are, but I cut mine down about two inches and it is very comfortable. See a picture of my S40 under that section. I am 5'7".

telephd

Guru
As the headrest is extended out your neck settles into the new space allowing your head to settle more vertically. It is a game of mm till you find your that is just right spot.
I second that and once you have the proper fit.....aaaaah

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Yes it can take a while. I have an out to pasture retired v2.2 frame as wall art keepsake memento. Last year I moved house and business locale so got the opportunity to sit on the frame and compare to v20. I was surprised as to how very different it felt yet overall dimensions of large frame sets are pretty similar. Small adjustments make big differences as we all found on our journey. the v20 is a much superior frame and adjustments are now relatively painless lol.
Especially when it is signed by John Tolhurst, the Designer!!!

Tuloose

Guru
I must be lucky but I have not had much trouble setting up my Vendetta's head rest.
I have it so the contact point is just under my occipital bone and just under the rear strap on my helmet.
It probably helps that I use a Base Camp helmet with a magnetic visor which needs to be down slightly on the front of my head so the visor gives full coverage.
I also added one layer of yoga mat foam to the head rest to give my head a slightly more vertical tilt but I'm not sure this is necessary.

David J-E

Thanks all for the further suggestions and witty repartee. Some updates:

1. This morning was ride 6 for about a total of 180 miles. I went back and did the skipped exercises and have been riding on the obstacle course that is Chicago's Lakefront Path, and on the north shore. I have relaxed into the recline and feel pretty comfortable with the MBB / FWD at this point, pretty stable most of the time. So I am nearly over that hump.

2. Re the headrest -- I am making progress. Not perfection, but much better. I ordered the CB Performance Adjustable Headrest but it has no installation instructions (per Robert H.) and (this is embarrassing) not intuitively obvious to me how it fits. But I used the second sock/pad that comes with it, bought a kid's arm floatie, cut it into a strip on the seal (so the air stays in two separate compartments) and sandwiched the floatie between the two socks with the padding. It's held together by three small bungee cords, and I can inflate the upper and lower chamber to different pressures. It is working pretty well but I am still tinkering. Will add a photo when I can.

3. I posted this in the Race/Event forum, but I am going to ride in the Race The Lake Century on Sunday in Fond du Lac, WI? This is a hybrid race / supported ride through some very pretty country with some elevation change but mostly pretty flat. I rode in it a few years ago on my Bachetta CA 2.0, and I confirmed with the organizers this year that it is recumbent-friendly (don't know what they'd do if anyone on a recumbent actually came in the money). If you're going, too, let me know.

d

Phantomrider

David - I look forward to hearing more of your comparisions to the CA2. I have been lurking on this site for a very long time and came across your thread a couple days ago, I too am a CA2 rider who is quite intrigued by the V. Today I received the notice of the New bike coming next month so now my interest is even greater, to the extent I created an account here today so i could ask for more information on the comparison. I see there is a significant weight difference between the two, fixed seat position, and the transition from a carbon frame back to aluminum. Would love to hear your and others thoughts on this, without a dealer it's a tough decision to buy on faith rather than some solid seat time. I live and ride in North Texas and while most folks think it's flat, they change their mind after riding a bike. Not a great deal of steep hills but will average about 3500' climbing on 100k where I will average 18-20mph on the CA2, most grades are 5-8% with occasional lift to 11% and not overly long.

The climbing ability intrigues me, so please share some comparisons between the two bikes from your perspective.