Kick butt new front-page photo!

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
So much awesome there!

raam.jpg

Patineto

Sorry I'm just learning about cruzbikes, is that consider a ''standing up'' on the pedals..

Incredible picture, that design makes so much sense..

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I'm just learning about cruzbikes, is that consider a ''standing up'' on the pedals
More or less, yes, especially when combined with swaying the boom side to side just a bit--kind of like when a rider on an upright sways the bike side to side when standing to climb a hill or sprint.

Patineto

More or less, yes, especially when combined with swaying the boom side to side just a bit--kind of like when a rider on an upright sways the bike side to side when standing to climb a hill or sprint.
Man you guys and GIRLS are doing such a great job making me crazy for the cruzbikes..

I also assume the arms come to play helping the legs push even harder..

This maneuver is great for both climbing and acceleration. In climbing it gives you a brief change in position and can be a huge psychological advantage as well as a physical benefit. But since I ride with groups of DF riders more often than other recumbents, where I really see the difference is in urban stop and go traffic. Sitting up gives me an acceleration boost at stop lights and stop signs. I don't yoyo off the back of the group anymore due to the acceleration difference.

One note of caution regarding this though. Your arms can put you into a bonk state faster than your legs. Over reliance on your arms during a ride can really mess up your energy reserves. Ration this procedure out relative to you entire planned ride. I also added rowing to my off season regimen to give me a stronger core and arms after my first Cruzbike season. Made a big difference.

My experience is that my Vendetta works better than my previous bents for the following reasons in order of importance:

1. Much better power transfer due to standard short chain drive and it's linkage to the frame.

2. My weight is distibuted across my entire back freeing my glutes to solely work on powering the bike. No recumbutt.

3. The ability to alter position for acceleration and positional relief.

4. The overall aerodynamic quality of the design. I'm a huge sail. Trimming that much surface area matters over long rides.

Last edited:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
In town, when in traffic jams or in the park etc, sitting up helps balance in the very tight turns. Also, the crowds and dogs tend to stand aside when there are flames coming out of the tyres.

pedlpadl

Great picture. Gritted teeth. Hands on front of the brifters instead of bars. Sitting up. Mountains. I'd say she's trying to get the last bit of power out of her legs after a very long climb.

Interesting headrest tubes. They do not look stock. What have you been up to Ratz?

Edit. Never mind. I just saw it in the accessories.

Great pic, quite majestic, but unfortunately it was the back up bike and didn't feature the Boyd sponsorship nor fancy gold frames.