Mixing Cruzbike with RWDs

Tohopko

How many Cruzbike owners regularly switch back and forth with "conventional" recumbents (non-MBB)? Any difficulties in maintaining different skills?

1happyreader

zen/child method
I feel disconnected when I ride My old Day6.
I don't know what the front wheel is doing and end up doing unnecessary micro adjustments.
Leaning forward and putting my weight on the handlebars seems to help.
The old bike now lives on a trainer.
working3 cross seminole trail 20120818.jpg

Rods

I have accumulated a bit over 300 miles on my V20 now, and now not finding it a big problem to switch back to my rear drive stick bike.
Earlier switch back resulted in unintended counter steering. Quite comical!
Doesn't seem to happen now. I am attributing this to better relaxing of the arms and shoulders from more experience.

Brad R

I took a ride on my trike after a couple of weeks of exclusively riding my T50. The steering was so light that it took me a half mile to before I was able to ride a straight line.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I switch between the P-38 (hauls kids), Speedmachine (e-bike), and the S30 somewhat regularly. The Cheetah mostly just collects dust :/
I haven't had much of an issue, but if I've been riding on one flavor for too long, switching over will feel a bit alien for the first 30 seconds or so.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I switch between Grasshopper and Silvio a lot. No problem. They have similar seat height, BB height and seat angle. I think this helps. I prefer the Silvio. I feel more connected to the Silvio than I do to the Grasshopper. I feel more connected to the Silvio than I used to. My modifications made it easier to handle.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I switch back and forth between a Vendetta and a RWD Cf bike by John Morciglio. I do not have any problems, but since I ride primarily with little to no hand input (I ride with a single 12" straight bar - my "stubby") on my Vendetta, that is probably why I do not notice much difference.

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
I can go back and forth between T50 and Tour Easy, although I do have to remind my arms not to try to adjust to the pedal pressure.