Mount for Carbon Fiber Race Case

3WHELZ

Guru
Has anyone fabricated a mount for Race Case in lieu of using the supplied headrest mount tube? I want to experiment installing an Optima headrest (see pic) with the Race Case on an S40. I would rather not sacrifice the supplied tube. One thought was to use conduit and a tube bender. I would probably fabricate two tubes rather than a single tube. However, I am interested in any other ideas.

Also, I noticed that the suppled tube does not result in a true 90 degree angle with the ground. It is closer to 100 degrees.

Thanks, Dean

Headrest.jpg

3WHELZ

Guru
A quick update. I had some time during the Holidays to experiment with an alternative to mounting the tailbox. I hand-molded 1" PVC. The first was freehand; the second was duplicate of the first using a simple jig. The PVC was painted with textured, a near match to the OEM headrest. Then, 1" MOLEX shrink tube was applied over the PVC where it makes contact with the tailbox so to avoid any rattling. The next step is to experiment with the headrest, although the current location is about right for me. (It is currently only resting in place) I am waiting on the delivery of some longer 5mm SS rods to use for experimentation.

Tailbox.jpg