Neophyte in need of Vendetta V20 setup help...

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
With my front light on my handlebars, my water bottle, if clear, red in this pic, does glow and appears flashing from the side because of my rotating legs. A safety feature.:)

My main priorities are safety, comfort, and utility. However, I do benefit some from the aero aspects of my Cruzbike!:cruzbike:;)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

Winded Lowrider

I tried the simple route first ( while I read through that novel length thread for behind the neck rest mounting). I'll try this water bottle position and if it works OK then I'm good. If not, or if I do a super long ride like STP...I probably will order the topeak seat mounts and use inner tube to fine tune. The mesh neck rest cover seems to interfere with that attachment method, but I suppose I could cut access slots or just scoot the mesh up in back?
Hardware.JPG WBCageMount2.JPG
As a designer, I can see several "detail issues" with the vendetta which will likely get resolved with further evolution and rider input. The design is very new compared to DF bikes that have undergone decades of working out the details. The lip of the seat interfering with the mounting of water bottle cages is a minor thing, but access to water is a major thing. There is likely a reason for the flared seat lip that escapes me.

ratz

As a designer, I can see several "detail issues" with the vendetta which will likely get resolved with further evolution and rider input. The design is very new compared to DF bikes that have undergone decades of working out the details. The lip of the seat interfering with the mounting of water bottle cages is a minor thing, but access to water is a major thing. There is likely a reason for the flared seat lip that escapes me.

The new headrest attaches with velcro on to the pipes so that means it no longer interfere as it did back in the day when that thread was created; and yeah there where / are a lot of things that have evolved and been fixed over time. The latest round of thing that are trickling out on the accessories page are getting close to solving the final nits...

From experience for the seat bottle holders you want either the CB brand ones or the Lezyne Flow Cage both have the holding power to make sure you don't eject the bottle when hitting a bump. If you want a aero bottle the Giant Aero Carbon fits great but of course is priced like an other carbon bottle cage. The flow meanwhile is $9-14

Winded Lowrider

Good to know . Ive got the Head rest over the tubes right now. the velcro was not holding it right and Robert said either way is fine.
I've got the lezyne side entry cage, same as I have on the low racer. Holds the bottle fairly tight, but we will have to see if it holds on under vendetta real road bump stress.

Winded Lowrider

I need more help with the SRAM rival front derailleur. Its just not working. Yesterday I had to stop and shift by hand to get it up into the big ring. I have adjusted it multiple times, watched videos on how to set it up correctly and measured gaps and such. The darn thing just won't do its job. This is the first time in 40 years that I had to get help with cycling technology....I guess I will have take it in to a shop, sigh...and pay for someone to figure this out...

Winded Lowrider

I wonder if the roller that redirects the cable is the issue? Anyone else have trouble shifting up? Is SRAM rival just junk, or did I get a lemon?

Jeremy S

Dude
I wonder if the roller that redirects the cable is the issue? Anyone else have trouble shifting up? Is SRAM rival just junk, or did I get a lemon?

I have an older Cruzbike model without the roller/pulley (my FD cable wraps around the BB). I've used both Rival 10-speed and Rival 22 (Yaw) front derailleurs, and they both worked well. It's easy to mess up FD setup (I do it over and over again) so I'd keep at it.

Kerry Kerr

I have an older Cruzbike model without the roller/pulley (my FD cable wraps around the BB). I've used both Rival 10-speed and Rival 22 (Yaw) front derailleurs, and they both worked well. It's easy to mess up FD setup (I do it over and over again) so I'd keep at it.
Lowrider, have you checked to see if the bottom bracket bearing is centered, if you changed the boom any, it made have moved which if its to one side, that will happen. I did that after my first adjustment of the boom. Just check, you shouldn't be having this problem. kk

Winded Lowrider

Ugh. How can the bottom bracket become uncentered? Do the BB clamps allow it to move out of alignment? I'll definitely keep at this, the fact that I'm so frustrated shows that I care ;-)

I really want to post a review of my progress and the performance of the bike....but this derailleur glitch is tainting my experience.

ratz

Ugh. How can the bottom bracket become uncentered? Do the BB clamps allow it to move out of alignment?
The old chain stay yes it float; the new ones that don't connect to the cups it's not a problem.

I really want to post a review of my progress and the performance of the bike....but this derailleur glitch is tainting my experience.

More often than not the problem is not getting the cable tight enough. a 3rd hand tool is really helpful in this case.
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Menba-Fourth-Bicycle-Tensioner/dp/B01MDUDUNY

Are using the cable stop on the derailleur stem or the one on the boom clamp? The one on the stem is for using the pulley. The one on the clamp is for routing around the BB old school. I still prefer to use cable liner and the old school routing to get a cable setup to run smooth. Here a pic of a silvio setup with the cable around the BB from the pre-pulley days.

Feed the cables 065.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ugh. How can the bottom bracket become uncentered? Do the BB clamps allow it to move out of alignment? I'll definitely keep at this, the fact that I'm so frustrated shows that I care ;-)

Yes as ratz said they can be shifted when loosened which will mess with your fine tuned FD. They can be shifted as lest 1/4 to ether side so they can end up being way off if you're not paying attention. I use a BB with red cups so I eyeball it so that I have the exact same amount of red showing on the outside on both sides and that has served me well.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Or you could use an in line cable adjuster to get the cable tension correct on the small ring, like Jason did with his colour coded VERY NEAT cabling!!!!Jason neat cabling 1.jpg