New cheap Cruzbike

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Do anyone know any information about planned cheap cruzbike what was exhibited on Recumbent Cycle Con 2016?

KneeDrachen

I believe it is a frameset only, designed to be built up in an affordable way, such as cannibalizing parts from WalMart, Target etc. or using components you may already have.

Rampa

Guru
It is going to be a frame kit. So all the unique parts, and then you add your components. I think it's supposed to be available in the Spring. The target price they are shooting for is around $500.00

Kavman

I'm just going to add my encouragement here to the Parkers for bringing this new bike to market. I've been waiting for a non-suspended Cruzbike with more traditional recumbent seat and strut arrangement, one room for wider, higher volume tires and full fenders. I wonder, too, whether it will be possible to recline the seat further and offer a handlebar/stem more like that found on a Silvio.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
My guess is that the new t50 or whatever they call it will be like an accelerator programme for their super duper fast bikes. People like me will probably buy 3 at a time and rent them out giving class lessons and once smitten the learners will have the time of their lives. I am completely for it. Shame they couldn't release something prior to xmas. Certainly a good time to release a new product.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
We started talking about this quite a while ago. I'm really glad to see them going forward with this, and it looks like some of the early design's compromises have been eliminated in favor of some very good engineering. I suspect I'll be an early retail customer. Huge potential here...

DavidJL

Wondering if this new offering will be able to take 700C wheels. Would like to mod the T50 the way I have modded the QX.

Rampa

Guru
This one will be a modders paradise, I think. You might need to shorten the aluminum extrusion to lay the seat way back, but you certainly could do that. There also seems to be a fairly reasonable way to change the steering boom setup as well. I think this could end up being a very fast, light bike in it's own right. Or, it could be a loaded tourer with bigger tires instead of suspension.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Wondering if this new offering will be able to take 700C wheels. Would like to mod the T50 the way I have modded the QX.
Judging by the fork crown clearance over what looks to me to be 26 x 1.5 tires, I'd venture a very cautious "yes..." May be limited to 700 x 23c, though... Loads of room on the rear...

Kavman

My hope and dream is that both fork and rear stays will take 26 x 2.3, with clearance for full fenders. To secure the fenders, it needs decent mounting points beneath both the fork and what I guess you'd call the chain stays at the front. And it'll need proper braze-ons for the fender stays, both front and rear; it would be a shame to have to use those clunky clamp-ons to attach them.

A big thank-you to Cruzbike for moving this frame forward!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Ok all - there is not much different here than the QX100 other than no rear suspension. The front end is 95% the same as a QX100 other than some differences in the fork - but the QX100 fork already can take a 2" wide tire.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Emmm if it could have a bracket for disc brakes then it's possible to put smaller wheel rims with thicker tires. This would make it more confortable if there isn't any suspension. Personally I feel safer on bigger tires (25mm min and 33 mm for rough roads or learning)

rx7mark

Guru
The T50 pictures from Cycle Con showed discs at both ends.

Sign me up, I would pay for or put a deposit on one of the frame kits right now if they would let me. I called Robert and he said to be patient, should be available for order this spring.

Mark

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz put 406 20" wheels on some of his 8 Quests, for his younger kids, so their feet could reach the ground when stopped!!!

He could tell you their X seams at the time!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Robert did the 406 for his daughter. We squeezed the boy onto a 451 (22" wheel when he was 9") Short daughter 4'10" had the 22" as her ride. The new frame should be great for building a short bike with fatty tires. perhaps someone will do a build diary.....

t.c103

My daughter is 8 and about 4'4" so probably little to early ... Just bought her a new 24" bike for christmas and hope she find joy in some longer trips this next summer... If so, a cruzbike build for her might be that superfun winterprojekt next year...

craig heintze

Hi,i am new members to forum and purchased a used sun cruiser and fixed it up and love recumbent riding...I was going to buy another more aggressive recumbent. ..but am now interested in t50...I was thinking I could find quality components on eBay once I recieve a frame...this will be my first bike I ever built from just parts...anyway i may need advice on components later on...hope they have yellow or maybe red frames...