New to the Forum and CruzBikes

WingingIt74

A friend of mine gave me a CruzBike converted bike. Although it works, I think a different frame would be better, something with a lower CG and suspension. I'm looking for some advice or suggestions, just a guy that needs to loose some weight :)

WingingIt74

I was surprised that the bottom of my feet hurt after riding a little, similar pain when I ride my BMX, which is the reason I stoped riding the BMX.

1happyreader

zen/child method
A friend of mine gave me a CruzBike converted bike. Although it works, I think a different frame would be better, something with a lower CG and suspension. I'm looking for some advice or suggestions, just a guy that needs to loose some weight :)
Finding the "IDEAL" frame for your conversion is gonna be a hobby or quest, definitely not a quickie.
The lower you can get your seat the better. below are pics of my Sofrider
notice the seat is lower than the top of the wheels.
SR side.png

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
The manufacture of ideal Y-frame MTBs quickly faded after the 1990s. The scarcity of proper donor frames 1) dried up the market for conversion kits, and 2) led some customers do use less-than-ideal donor frames, resulting in bikes that appeared (to us) unsafe to ride. That's why we discontinued the conversion kit several years ago.
Our T50 frameset is intended to appeal to those customers who would have purchased a CB-kit back in 2009.