New Vendetta V20

image.jpg Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm a new Cruzbike rider awaiting arrival of my new Vendetta V20 frame.

I discovered Cruzbikes at the Seattle Bike show when the Rose City Recumbent booth was on the back side of the JDRF Ride booth. (I have T1 diabetes and ride in support of the JDRF. ). I'm a long time bent rider (Rans V-Rex & Vision R40) and the Cruzbikes got my attention. Robert, Jonathan and Lief got me on the Vendetta at the show. My avatar shows the fruits of that first test ride.

Three weeks later Lief let me test ride his Vendetta 2.0 and Silvio. I'm a bit bigger than Lief, so the fit was fun, but I had a great time. I've included a picture of me from that test ride as well. Even took it out on a local hill and managed to successfully start the Silvio uphill from a standing stop. Took me about twenty minutes. Did I mention I'm stubborn?

I've been reading the forums as I wait and I'm looking forward to the challenge and joys of learning to ride my first FWD bent. I'll share those experiences here.

Last edited:
Welcome Abbott - You're in good hands with the North West Coasters. Nice to see the pic's, Charles will be proud!
Thanks Rick. Been following your ride posts over on FB and your comments here. As I told Maria, it's not just the bikes that drew me here. This community is amazing. BTW, please excuse my ignorance but who is Charles and why would he be proud?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
You're most welcome Abbott. Who is Charles? Well he's the boss, the main man, the picture enforcer. You hang around enough, you will find out who Charles is. Good thing you posted the pic's :)!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Hey Abbott!
I was thinking that your entry into Cruzbike's was similar to mine - my previous bent broke beyond reasonable repair/trustworthiness.
I looked around - found the 1.0 Silvio and have been happy ever since.

Great bikes, great tribe, and hey - killer new forum!
See you on the trail!

Were either of you hurt? Bikes damaged?

;)

Not unless I slug slimed Troy's Silvio while I was drooling. (At that point I thought my Cruzbike was months away.)

Now as Lief alluded, the very next day was another story. I went out on a short recovery ride and ripped a chain idler completely out of the frame on my V-Rex. Then on my next ride I destroyed the front derailleur on my Vision. They are both older bikes and have been ridden hard. My wife told me to order my new bike.

Cruzbike Chris

So Abbott, that's how you go about getting a new bike? I will have to remeber that one-break old bike complain to wife till she's says order new one-Got it! :)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
You can also buy the wife a Cruzbike first, and then after she is suitably impressed she will insist that you get one too.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
So Abbott, that's how you go about getting a new bike? I will have to remeber that one-break old bike complain to wife till she's says order new one-Got it! :)

Just remember to hide the hack saw before going on the ride that breaks the bike.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
You can also buy the wife a Cruzbike first, and then after she is suitably impressed she will insist that you get one too.

Always buy wife a bike before buy your personal N+1. Also it then works great to upgrade her bike with parts from yours which you then must replace with the next great thing. "Hey honey, I think we should upgrade your bike with the same stuff that has been working great on mine"