Personal Soundtrack

Out on the road riding, I often find myself singing. More often than not, I find myself singing the Eagles' Take It Easy while climbing a long hill. Helps me keep my tempo in check and my cadence up. And forcing myself to sing keeps me from redlining.

What song runs through your head while you ride your Cruzbike? And why?

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
"Highway to Hell" :D

In reality, as a musician, it is a different tune for me every time. I'm very prone to 'ear-worms', so I try to stay away from simple repetitive stuff that might get stuck in my head for weeks...o_O

1happyreader

zen/child method
Out on the road riding, I often find myself singing. More often than not, I find myself singing the Eagles' Take It Easy while climbing a long hill. Helps me keep my tempo in check and my cadence up. And forcing myself to sing keeps me from redlining.

What song runs through your head while you ride your Cruzbike? And why?
On a hill,,,,,Hooked on A Feeling by Blue Swede, and if my cadence starts to fail I can ramp up with the back-ups ooga- chuka's.
If you are a hill MASHER : Spinning wheel by Blood sweat and tears. LOL (lyric humor ??)

Even though I am a little old to be a MTV kid I like the tempo of some 80's stuff.
Sweet dreams (are made of these) - Eurytmics
Girls just want to have fun - Cyndi lauper
You spin me round (like a record) - Dead or alive
!80's Bad Case Of Lovin' You - Robert Palmer

On a hill,,,,,Hooked on A Feeling by Blue Swede, and if my cadence starts to fail I can ramp up with the back-ups ooga- chuka's.
If you are a hill MASHER : Spinning wheel by Blood sweat and tears. LOL (lyric humor ??)

Even though I am a little old to be a MTV kid I like the tempo of some 80's stuff.
Sweet dreams (are made of these) - Eurytmics
Girls just want to have fun - Cyndi lauper
You spin me round (like a record) - Dead or alive
!80's Bad Case Of Lovin' You - Robert Palmer
Now you've got me itching to ooga chocka up a hill tonight. o_Oo_Og:confused: Cho_Ock:confused:, o_Oo_Og:confused:, o_Oo_Og:confused:...

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Will listening to that music make me smart enough to control Monster Bull Ants like the bull in the documentary film Crocodile Dundee?

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Young Men Dead by Black Angels
or if in a mellower mood
Ride like the wind by Christopher Cross

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
When riding my bike I'm riding my bike.
When listening to music, I'm listening to music.
When posting stuff like this, I'm just posting stuff.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Will listening to that music make me smart enough to control Monster Bull Ants like the bull in the documentary film Crocodile Dundee?
No. Listening to Bizet is required for Bull Ants. Specifically a segment from the Toreador song from Carmen...but you must substitute these lyrics: "Toreador, don't spit on the floor! Use the cuspidor, that's what its for..."

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Mr. Smith, I understood you.
Maybe the closest thing to music is concentrating on rhythms related to the ride such as breathing and or cadence.
Whether or not you understand is immaterial.
What matters to you is what matters and what difference does it make to anyone what I do?
Have fun!

Mr. Smith, I understood you.
Maybe the closest thing to music is concentrating on rhythms related to the ride such as breathing and or cadence.
Whether or not you understand is immaterial.
What matters to you is what matters and what difference does it make to anyone what I do?
Have fun!
My apologies if my comment came across as criticism. Your earlier reply just made me realize I wanted to clarify my initial post.

Having fun is definitely the point of all this.

I was in my car yesterday and "Mama Said Knock You Out" came on the radio. I thought of this thread and realized that it would be a fun song to hear while chasing down DFs. Strong beat and it's all about beating the competition.

Robert O

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day; led a Cascade Bike Club ride up to Safeco Field for the Mariners vs. Brewers game, and rode the 16 miles to the start. My inside-my-head audio on the way up was Zachary Richard; "One Kiss", "Come On, Sheila", and the rest of Snake Bite Love. Perfect for cruising 20-22 up the Valley.