Price Comparisons

NeaL

Guru
I didn't know where else to post this but...

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the people at Cruzbike.

The last time I bought a new bicycle from a real bike store was in 1999, or maybe 2000 was the year. I paid a little more than $400 for a new Y3 made by Trek. We didn't have much internet back then so I didn't know how to shop around for good deals on anything.

About a year ago, I was gasping for breath after learning of the prices for recumbents at a LBS way up in the area of Washington D.C., which compelled me to look for better deals on used ones through Craigslist. I had been thinking that fewer people ride recumbents these days because they cost so much more than regular DF bikes. I haven't even been looking at DF bike prices because I have absolutely no interest in ever going back to those levels of riding discomfort.

Then this thing popped up in my e-mail. I took a screen-cap to omit some of the information. I was really surprised by the "sale" prices they're offering for these medieval torture devices.

21688279_10214446080372941_8217750452414543282_o.jpg

I don't know of any other bike companies making FWD recumbents so I hadn't even done any price comparisons. I just figured that the prices of Cruzbikes were what one could expect from a small production, totally unique bike design. After seeing this, how much they're asking for those DF bikes, I'm astonished that the prices of new Cruzbikes are so reasonable!
Especially since it's not like anyone out there is doing the R&D for them to copy existing bike designs.

So again, thanks. Getting my body weight down to the limit capacity of a new S40 or V20, a brand new Cruzbike will be my reward to myself when that happens.

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I didn't know where else to post this but...

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the people at Cruzbike.

The last time I bought a new bicycle from a real bike store was in 1999, or maybe 2000 was the year. I paid a little more than $400 for a new Y3 made by Trek. We didn't have much internet back then so I didn't know how to shop around for good deals on anything.

About a year ago, I was gasping for breath after learning of the prices for recumbents at a LBS way up in the area of Washington D.C., which compelled me to look for better deals on used ones through Craigslist. I had been thinking that fewer people ride recumbents these days because they cost so much more than regular DF bikes. I haven't even been looking at DF bike prices because I have absolutely no interest in ever going back to those levels of riding discomfort.

Then this thing popped up in my e-mail. I took a screen-cap to omit some of the information. I was really surprised by the "sale" prices they're offering for these medieval torture devices.

21688279_10214446080372941_8217750452414543282_o.jpg

I don't know of any other bike companies making FWD recumbents so I hadn't even done any price comparisons. I just figured that the prices of Cruzbikes were what one could expect from a small production, totally unique bike design. After seeing this, how much they're asking for those DF bikes, I'm astonished that the prices of new Cruzbikes are so reasonable!
Especially since it's not like anyone out there is doing the R&D for them to copy existing bike designs.

So again, thanks. Getting my body weight down to the limit capacity of a new S40 or V20, a brand new Cruzbike will be my reward to myself when that happens.
I think you might be setting your reward scheme on an unrealistic limit. I would say... if you haven't got a T50 then get one. You will be able to ride it everyday. And retrain using the different seat positions. Your body will love you for it. And each 2kg you lose, reward yourself. Buy a new pair of gloves, or some long compression socks. I have a whole list. Then you can set yourself some PBs. If you are finding that difficult let the T50 go and change up to a S40 or V20.
Your life will never be the same again.

NeaL

Guru
I think you might be setting your reward scheme on an unrealistic limit. I would say... if you haven't got a T50 then get one.

At this time I'd probably break it. Or bend it severely. I'll be doing one better, no, three better, and probably be getting T-50s for each of my kids this coming Christmas season. I'll be fine with my Sofrider, if it holds up under my weight, until I'm ready to upgrade to an S-40.

Besides, maybe they'll offer Vendettas in any of my favorite colors by the time I'm ready for one.

Suz

Nah, the T50 is sturdy like the sofrider. :D
You'll see when you "borrow" the ones you buy for your kids. :p