Prior Bachetta owners?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Is there anyone in the tribe that previously owned a bachetta and switched to a v20.
We have a potential convert considering a v20 that would love to email/talk to someone that made the change.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Is there anyone in the tribe that previously owned a bachetta and switched to a v20.
We have a potential convert considering a v20 that would love to email/talk to someone that made the change.

I put about 1,000 miles on a Bacchetta CA 2.0 before buying a used Sofrider. After a month or so I sold the Bacchetta, added a Silvio 1.5, then sold the Silvio to get the V20. Happy to talk or email w your potential convert.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I owned a Corsa. There's no comparison between Corsa vs Silvio or Vendetta as far as performance and efficiency. Plus both Silvio and Vendetta have a lower seat to ground dimensions making starts less imitating, especially on hills.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Bacchettas are the recumbent of choice in my neck of the woods.
They were all slower than my me-powered Sofrider V1 uphill and
they were all faster downhill.

The me-powered Vendetta 1.5 left the raciest local Bacchetta CA 2.0 on carbon wheels
any time I wanted, uphill, downhill, flat: Did not matter.
To get a workout uphill, I zig-zagged so that I could stay with the very fit
Bacchetta driver.

Bacchettas are very nice bikes, but they are no match for an old man on a
vintage Vendetta.

I've never owned a Bacchetta.
Where's the incentive?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Robert who did RAMM last year for 3000 Miles to a Cure bought a V20 the year before in preparation for the RAMM. After 6 months of suffering with the stock seat/headrest he gave up and sold the V20 and raced RAMM on his trusty Bacchetta. He told me the switch to the V20 was because he wanted the climbing performance but no amount of gain on a climb are going cover up the problems he was having with the V20's seat/headrest setup.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Robert who did RAMM last year for 3000 Miles to a Cure bought a V20 the year before in preparation for the RAMM. After 6 months of suffering with the stock seat/headrest he gave up and sold the V20 and raced RAMM on his trusty Bacchetta. He told me the switch to the V20 was because he wanted the climbing performance but no amount of gain on a climb are going cover up the problems he was having with the V20's seat/headrest setup.
That's unfortunate, the seat mod would have been ideal for him.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Nobody, and I mean nobody could have possibly suffered more than I with the headrest. This is well documented. The solution was so simple it's too bad someone abandoned due to a headrest. This is a solvable issue.

Great to read this thread. I just finally joined the forum so I could ask more questions like this. I've been doing some part some work with Cruzbike for the past 6 months so it's high time I joined the forum! I have a lot to learn.
oh, and I forgot to say that your answers, in part, helped the new CB tribe member decide. He made his purchase and now has a V20 frame set to get put together. Maybe we'll see him around here.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Great to read this thread. I just finally joined the forum so I could ask more questions like this. I've been doing some part some work with Cruzbike for the past 6 months so it's high time I joined the forum! I have a lot to learn.
Hi Genevieve! We met at your office when you worked in Hollywood. I picked up a couple bikes from you for your dad.

Mark