Qty 2 - Kickr version1 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Argh we need to solve a noise problem.

We have our two beloved Kickr version 1's in the basement (both have been upgraded to version 2 power measuring mode via the brake for increase accuracy). But alas they are too loud.

My folks will be here for over month in December and the trainers are too loud for us to train on; without disturbing their sleeping patterns or screwing up our training schedule. So we need to invest in quieter options. (No walls in the basement and that's where the extra bedroom is when you put 9 people in a house)

So I now have Qty 2 Kickr's for Sale. Both calibrated and work flawlessly as we compare them to our power meters all the time.

$475 each

Shipping USPS ground is about $75

So $550 shipped ground to you. which is $100 less then you can get certified used from Wahoo themselves.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Argh we need to solve a noise problem.

We have our two beloved Kickr version 1's in the basement (both have been upgraded to version 2 power measuring mode via the brake for increase accuracy). But alas they are too loud.

My folks will be here for over month in December and the trainers are too loud for us to train on; without disturbing their sleeping patterns or screwing up our training schedule. So we need to invest in quieter options. (No walls in the basement and that's where the extra bedroom is when you put 9 people in a house)

So I now have Qty 2 Kickr's for Sale. Both calibrated and work flawlessly as we compare them to our power meters all the time.

$475 each

Shipping USPS ground is about $75

So $550 shipped ground to you. which is $100 less then you can get certified used from Wahoo themselves.
Ratz are you going over to the DARK side and buying two Tacx Neo direct drive smart trainers?

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You are going to make someone happy with those even though the math says you can pay for a lot of hotel with $475*2=$950 or whatever the final upgrade cost difference is between new quieter trainer and the for sale Kickr. Hotel or rental house or ? could be for the parents or for the bikes. Either way the sound and sweat is isolated from the sleeping room.

Then again, this way you get to do product testing for all of us, maybe I should keep my math to myself for the best of the tribe!

ratz

You are going to make someone happy with those even though the math says you can pay for a lot of hotel with $475*2=$950 or whatever the final upgrade cost difference is between new quieter trainer and the for sale Kickr. Hotel or rental house or ? could be for the parents or for the bikes. Either way the sound and sweat is isolated from the sleeping room.

Then again, this way you get to do product testing for all of us, maybe I should keep my math to myself for the best of the tribe!

The first rule of grandma visit is you don't talk about hotels when the nearest one that's not a rat trap is 30 minutes away.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
The first rule of grandma visit is you don't talk about hotels when the nearest one that's not a rat trap is 30 minutes away.
Decent out of home accommodations 30 minutes away = lots of distance for riding without numbers of cars. I guess it all ties in with the 3 laws too, right?

NeaL

Guru
Are these trainers compatible with what we need for following your 4F thread and do they also work with Zwift?

I'm slowly getting myself geared up, learning about what all these things might be, while trying to see if my kids are also interested. I'm envisioning the four of us on Zwift down in the basement. Will that require four TV screens or are there VR headset options for this?

Imagine seeing three teenagers on V20s entering a race, someday. I'm trying to raise them right. ;-)

Last edited:

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Does your trainer accommodate the wider dropout on a S40? I think it's 145mm vs the 135mm standard. I am having a hard time locating a longer trainer skewer.

ratz

Does your trainer accommodate the wider dropout on a S40? I think it's 145mm vs the 135mm standard. I am having a hard time locating a longer trainer skewer.
As far as I know S40 is 135mm standard MTB, the Skewer is 145m

Might have to help you find a skewer (I have some long ones) but yep it will work.

ratz

Are these trainers compatible with what we need for following your 4F thread and do they also work with Zwift?

I'm slowly getting myself geared up, learning about what all these things might be, while trying to see if my kids are also interested. I'm envisioning the four of us on Zwift down in the basement. Will that require four TV screens or are there VR headset options for this?

Imagine seeing three teenagers on V20s entering a race, someday. I'm trying to raise them right. ;-)

Yes these would work with 4F and Zwift, most of 4F was tested on these kickr's.
For the video part you needs a Windows or Mac Laptop or an iPad; and from there the ability to project to a TV.
We use an iPad, an Ancient AppleTV and TV, and we just Airplay the ipad to the TV; and discord on the CellPhone with headphones.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy

These are direct drive trainers so you don't need a trainer skewer, you use the same skewer that works on your wheel. You only need trainer skewers for wheel on trainers because the trainer need to clamp onto the skewer ends.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Got it. I have a roller type trainer that I couldn't mount my S40 on because I have not found a metal trainer skewer that's long enough to fit the wider dropout. I wasn't sure if the direct drive trainer will have similar issue with the wider dropout width. Sounds like it's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.