QX100 Fenders?

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I've read on some thread(s?) on this forum where the rear fenders (for DF) were used on the front wheel on CruzBikes, but can't remember where.

DavidJL

I put a rear fender on the front wheel, but now just have a front fender minus the stays. I use two hose clamps (Jubilee clips) on the chain stays to give the fender something to slide on. Mostly I am trying to keep the headset dry.

Frisard

I put a rear fender on the front wheel, but now just have a front fender minus the stays. I use two hose clamps (Jubilee clips) on the chain stays to give the fender something to slide on. Mostly I am trying to keep the headset dry.
Looking at your picture, do I see a front fender on the rear, and a rear fender on the front?

DavidJL

That was the way I used to have it. As soon as done with steering mod, will have to update that sucker...

DavidJL

I used Bontrager fenders with sliding stays for this setup and used the disc brake mounts for the stays on the left side, the eyelet on the rear swing arm, and a tube clamp for the right front fork. You would have to get longer cap screws for the disc brakes to do this. On the rear wheel fender, I used the kickstand mount hole. Using hose clamps on the chainstays allows the fender to work with different boom adjustments. I decided to just use the front fender over the top of the front wheel, and not need to use the disc brake mount or stays. It's a much cleaner mount.

veloc_h

Want to mount fenders now on my QX100. Have got this fender set: https://www.bike-components.de/en/Procraft/Rainbow-MTB-60-Fender-Set-p22668/
Has anybody got pictures of his/her solution?
I wonder whether the usual"front fender" is sufficient in order to protect chain and derailleur.
On one hand it should be a solid solution (no heavy vibrations) on the other hand the solution should be "good looking"
A list of (existing) mounting possibilities:
Rear wheel
- eyelet beside the kickstand mount: SKS metal plate around the fender (must be somewhere in my cartons...) + eyelets of the left and right swing arm
Front wheel
- disc brake mount: cuts of a V2A U-shape profile (10x10x1mm) Minus: a bit of drllling, fiddling every time I want to access the brake parts (for cleaning...); problem of interference with disc or brake
- leftover of an old tyre around the fork arm
- v2a clamps arount the fork arm, however I don't want too much pressure on the fork arm (the clamp is made for a round shape tube)