Recumbent Cycle Con 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg The Cruzzies Have Landed!

This weekend is the annual recumbent cycle trade show in Cincinnati. The Tribe is going to be well represented this weekend and I'll post throughout the event. Here's a couple photos to get things started. BTW Bob Pankratz said that I had to let everyone know that we had a great conversation about things that are in the pipeline but that we cannot tell anyone any details. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Industry Only Day

Today has been all about talking to vendors and dealers. Half the crew has been working the booth and the other half has been manning the test ride area outside. Bob and I have been having a blast showing experienced recumbent riders the joy of learning to handle a dynamic boom. Taking a break to cool down a bit.

One of the coolest things in the booth is the new T50. It's almost ready for market and will be available as a true entry level frameset and priced accordingly. Its design is very flexible and has a large range of adjustability for sizing and preference such as seat angle. I can see the seat angle adjustability being a great way to grow into a higher end performance CRUZBIKE down the road. Here are a few pictures.

quickbeam

Oh man, too bad you didn't do this at the CUBE (Chicagoland Unconventional Bicycle Expo), then I could have dropped in to see things for myself. But in this case, keep the pictures coming!

McWheels

Off the long run
Even though my only upgrade path is to the Silvio, I do like the backend of the T50, very tidy. Seat is clearly very adjustable, but can you alter the handlebar rake?

Tuloose

Guru
Abbott, is this T50 the model that was said to be able to accept a set of under seat rack mounts?
If so, and if it can take a rear rack also, then this is the true touring bike the Cruzbike lineup has needed.
Imagine, a touring bent that doesn't suck at hill climbing!
Now we just need to get it reviewed by Bryan Ball in Adventure Cycling Magazine.

Last edited:

Rampa

Guru
That T50 looks really ideal for around town. Some reasonably wide tires, and no suspension needed. Clean and simple. I love it!

I would convert the upright bars like some have been doing here. Might even try it with an internal gear hub.

Awesome Cruzbike team! :)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
And just because we hate packing. There will be good deals on the show bikes on Sunday. Come take one home.