"Resistance is Futile"

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Just loved that saying from the Borg. Very classic and it's true with cycling?

Why not change into something a little different?

Why not buy that super duper Cruzbike seat that will save you a pound in weight; the one piece seat would be stiffer than the standard two piece seat as it's pure carbon, so there should be a little more power on the downstroke.

Why not change the BB to the ceramic one that you have had in the box since February?

I must be nuts... I am nuts.

Still I have suped up the engine now to trim the bike again.

Time to burn the bridge, I will wipe down the chain and break the link and get to work on things.

DavidCH

Well the bike looks like a dead cockroach. At least it's clean. The funny thing is when it's on its back fluid seemed to seap from the main seat support tube. The funny thing is it hasn't been raining. Yeoooooo. Amazing how you sweat and don't know about it. Anyways. It's ready to go to the LBS in the sky. Should get it back at the weekend with the new BB fitted.
image.jpeg

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The funny thing is when it's on its back fluid seemed to seap from the main seat support tube
Yeah a weeping hole would be a positive improvement. But find a safe place in the hydro form to added it becomes the question. Example, talking to Jacob he thought it would be safer to add a dimple (like the one for the front wheel) versus a hole near the upper rear TT brake area to make room for cabling. Proving that before you add a hole you consider other more complex options that maintain strength.

DavidCH

Yeah a weeping hole would be a positive improvement. But find a safe place in the hydro form to added it becomes the question. Example, talking to Jacob he thought it would be safer to add a dimple (like the one for the front wheel) versus a hole near the upper rear TT brake area to make room for cabling. Proving that before you add a hole you consider other more complex options that maintain strength.
I think I will take a leaf out of your book and put silicon caulk sealant around the headrest support and then it has nowhere to collect. Then if need be, I can be happy going out in the rain.