Ride video : My weekend outing.

Bentas

Thanks Andrew
Great snapshot of how people Cruze ,in different parts of the world ,love the fact that your homebuilt is giving so much joy, your a pretty cool customer considering the roads ,traffic etc

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Thanks Andrew
Great snapshot of how people Cruze ,in different parts of the world ,love the fact that your homebuilt is giving so much joy, your a pretty cool customer considering the roads ,traffic etc
Thanks! It weighs a tonne but fun all the same! When people ask where to get one I tell them Cruzbike sells them!

Bentas

Yeh ,get that question a lot when people see my homebuilt also, pity the Tolhursts aren't still invlvoed here in Aus, for test rides and local distribution.
Speaking of weight I am in the process of building a carbon fibre front end for mine, about to post some pics on what did you do to your cruzbike ( or similar) today.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Awesome ride and video. I'm sure you got a lot of strange lookers at your bent! Be safe!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
The traffic looks about as bad as London. The road surfaces all look good. Trouble is the pavement, or lack thereof.
We have good weather but bad bicycle infrastructure. If your country has good infra, then you should be grateful and ride as much as you can. I ride both the recumbent and a DF. I must say the the DF has greater manoeuvrability in tight traffic because it's easier to start quickly from a dead stop , allows the rider to get out of the saddle and being able to easily look backwards over the shoulder.

In all fairness my DF is almost half the weight of my recumbent and it makes up for it in comfort. The recumbent is still such a joy to ride especially for longer distances.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
We have good weather but bad bicycle infrastructure. If your country has good infra, then you should be grateful and ride as much as you can. I ride both the recumbent and a DF. I must say the the DF has greater manoeuvrability in tight traffic because it's easier to start quickly from a dead stop , allows the rider to get out of the saddle and being able to easily look backwards over the shoulder.

In all fairness my DF is almost half the weight of my recumbent and it makes up for it in comfort. The recumbent is still such a joy to ride especially for longer distances.
Comfort, and ease of viewing the road in front, without a bent neck, BEATS a lighter weight everyday in by book!

Your roads are even worst than the Adelaide foothill ones! But we have higher drop offs to the verge!!!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Comfort, and ease of viewing the road in front, without a bent neck, BEATS a lighter weight everyday in by book!

+1
I appreciate this about my recumbent more and more each time I ride especially as I have grown a little older!

It's funny, that as I ride by many locals they usually shout "Eh! ma starehe!" which in swahili means luxury or comfort... I appear to them like I am on a moving couch!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Good idea with the two mirrors. I hope you have some good flashing lights. Surprised that the roads aren't so busy. You drive on the other side of the road like the uk, so I am curious if you have the rear brake on the left hand side?

Nice video... What sort of angle do you have with your seat?

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Good idea with the two mirrors. I hope you have some good flashing lights. Surprised that the roads aren't so busy. You drive on the other side of the road like the uk, so I am curious if you have the rear brake on the left hand side?

Nice video... What sort of angle do you have with your seat?

Yes, got a red flashing light behind the bike. You are also right about my brakes, its left hand for the rear wheel and my right hand for the front wheel. It's been like that for me since I was a kid. (Ours was a British colony ). I don't ride motorbikes, but I'am informed that they have the same brake configuration, helps if one switches between the two.

My seat is at about 30 deg at the lumbar section and slowly curves up to about 40 deg at the shoulders. I guess it averages out to about 33 or 35 deg.

Thanks for watching. It's always nice to find others with the same interest as my recumbent is an oddly unique contraption where I live.