Seattle Area Bent UberMeet (SEABUM) - focus Cruzbike T50

Robert O

I'm planning to ride up on my V20 as well, just have to bail in the afternoon to attend a wedding. Looking forward to this!

MAJOR55

Enjoyed meeting Lief and the other Cruzbike tribe members today. It was great to see all the different approaches people are taking with the T-50. Thanks to Lief for bringing bikes to ride, and for putting the event together.

Robert O

Enjoyed meeting Lief and the other Cruzbike tribe members today. It was great to see all the different approaches people are taking with the T-50. Thanks to Lief for bringing bikes to ride, and for putting the event together.
That was a really excellent gathering, Lief! It was very cool to chat with everyone, and you all had awesome bike builds. Neat to see how everyone was able to take the basic platform and make something totally unique!

rx7mark

Guru
It was a great Cruzbike get together. I loved seeing some of the other model Cruzbikes in person, and meeting a great group of people. The weather was perfect and the ride around the park was stunning, if a little crowded at times. Only my 4rth day riding my T50, but had no trouble. Ready for a longer ride, hint, hint Lief.

Mark

Last edited:

rx7mark

Guru
Lief,
Here is the info and pictures on the air pressure accumulator I built to seat my tubeless tires on my T50. Not my idea, see this U-tube video for more info. The local Lowes hardware had 2 foot lengths of 3 inch ABS, the glue and the 3/16 ID tubing. In practice I hook up the tubing to the tire Presta valve, and my bike pump to the Schrader valve on the top of the accumulator. Pinch the tubing with a vise grip or similar while you pump up pressure with a floor style bike pump. I used 100 psi and that worked well for my tires, but probably can start lower and work up the pressure if needed. More than 80psi needed a few zip ties on the presta or it would blow off.

Mark

Accumulator 1.jpg Accumulator 2.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Hey! That was an amazing day.
Thanks to you all for coming out and sharing your day!

To any onlookers we were just standing around talking but to anyone joining in we were really engaged!
I learned that @Bill K and @billyk both live in the Seattle area and are both established Cruzbikers but not the same person! Both have seriously well considered mods on their bikes.

I also discovered that @rx7mark and @Robert O can visualize engineering solutions in their head that I can barely keep up with.

I learned that @Ed Hong purchased an even older Silvio 1.0 than mine from a bike donated by a widower to a place where @MAJOR55 helped wrench and they both live near @Joshwhite. Unfortunately duty called Josh away from a fast ride on a the V20 today.

We got two new riders (friends of mine) spinning the cranks** today and a promise for a longer ride later this month.
** (Thanks again Mark for loaning your special-sized bike to Shawn)

And per usual @Jim Zimmerman and I had a bunch of fun seeing all the amazing ideas in action plus sharing a few of our own (inner tube handlebar brakes and three point parking stand of a T50 comes to mind)

Hats and shirts earned, neck slightly sunburned, and future plans for more rides all but made.

Did I miss anyone?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Your valves look really well done!

Thanks!

Lief,
Here is the info and pictures on the air pressure accumulator I built to seat my tubeless tires on my T50. Not my idea, see this U-tube video for more info. The local Lowes hardware had 2 foot lengths of 3 inch ABS, the glue and the 3/16 ID tubing. In practice I hook up the tubing to the tire Presta valve, and my bike pump to the Schrader valve on the top of the accumulator. Pinch the tubing with a vise grip or similar while you pump up pressure with a floor style bike pump. I used 100 psi and that worked well for my tires, but probably can start lower and work up the pressure if needed. More than 80psi needed a few zip ties on the presta or it would blow off.

Mark

View attachment 5512 View attachment 5513

billyk

Guru
Another Seattle Cruzbike guy (Q2) who was very happy to meet the others ... I only vaguely realized there _were_ others in this part of the world. Yes, we have a Bill K and a Billy K (me) among us. Sorry I got there late and only met a few of you.

Thanks Leif for organizing this, and please sign me up to the FB group so I will hear about future events.

rx7mark

Guru
Hi Billy K,
Sorry I missed you, but I saw you riding your Q with a flag, as I was leaving. You were still 10 min from the park, but speeding along going the opposite direction.

Can't wait until I can ride that steadily in traffic.
Mark

rx7mark

Guru
Hi Lief,
At the gathering you asked me to post about my underseat bag. I finally got around to mounting it and taking some pictures, so I started a new thread, to share with others.

Take a look, I like the bag a lot, its very convenient way to take a moderate amount of gear and clothes without a rack.

Mark

P.S. Got to ride the Centennial trail north from the city of Snohomish, you can go 30 miles out, so a 60 mile round trip. It was an amazing ride with a friend. I am getting more comfortable on my T50!

rx7mark

Guru
Hey Leif,
Are we going to do another get together this year? Maybe with an optional longer ride? We could meet and greet in the morning and do a ride in the afternoon. You mentioned that a boulevard in that area was closed to vehicles on certain days of the month.

It was fun to meet everyone last year.

Mark

billyk

Guru
Hey Leif,
Are we going to do another get together this year? Maybe with an optional longer ride? We could meet and greet in the morning and do a ride in the afternoon. You mentioned that a boulevard in that area was closed to vehicles on certain days of the month.

It was fun to meet everyone last year.

Mark

Wow. Saw this thread pop up and thought it was announcing another event this year. Got as far as trying to put it into my calendar until I realized Sep 10 is a Monday and that didn't seem right.

Yeah that was fun. Let's do it again.

Frank Costantini

Sounds like Seattle is infested with Cruzbiker! It happens I’m going to be in Seattle visiting my two brothers Aug 2-9, 2018. I was thinking about trying to bring one of my Cruzbikes, but probably won’t because of the hassle of packing and transporting it. If any of you have an extra Cruzbike and are interested in riding together during that time (or have one you would loan or rent to me for a few days) that would be awesome.

Frank C.