Sebring 2017 newbie

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I got back in the saddle today and did an hour's TT
Cool David - So where are the pics and the data for this hour TT - love to see them! :)
And yes, probably be a few Schlitter bikes at Sebring - but my guess is that number will start going down after we run the the Vendetta in the wind tunnel! :)
btw - how long are you going to be in the US - where are you planning on going. If you've got time, you should try and get over to Tampa area and ride with Amanda! Nice trail system over there, plus it is always cool to say you road with someone who holds a world record!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Cool David - So where are the pics and the data for this hour TT - love to see them! :)
And yes, probably be a few Schlitter bikes at Sebring - but my guess is that number will start going down after we run the the Vendetta in the wind tunnel! :)
btw - how long are you going to be in the US - where are you planning on going. If you've got time, you should try and get over to Tampa area and ride with Amanda! Nice trail system over there, plus it is always cool to say you road with someone who holds a world record!
If I were to give a pic there wouldn't be a surprise at Sebring. LOL. Let's just say the bike is getting more streamlined than usual. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tampa sounds good too, I haven't been there for a couple of years.

What's Amanda's daily routine like?

My brother and best friend will be living it up in Florida. Call it a second xmas. I haven't seen them since they did the "Comino del Rey" with me

I have put my self on a regime of losing 2kg and not by dehydration either.

It's very easy to overtrain too.

One of my cycling buddies swears by going as fast as you can for as long as you can to get fitter. It works to some degree but Ratz regime is something else. Almost convinced me I need a trainer but then when you get some days like today ... You have to have your Vitimin D.

So how's the curved boom? Do you have much breathing space?
I guess you can't test it on your secret testing track this time of year?
Perhaps a wind tunnel?

The road rash I had played up a bit... The scab got stuck on the dressing a couple of times. Guess that's why cyclist shave their legs so that road rash becomes less of a problem and I thought it was down to speed.

The good thing is the V has been down so now I won't get so intense when I travel with it.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
If I were to give a pic there wouldn't be a surprise at Sebring. LOL. Let's just say the bike is getting more streamlined than usual. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tampa sounds good too, I haven't been there for a couple of years.

What's Amanda's daily routine like?

My brother and best friend will be living it up in Florida. Call it a second xmas. I haven't seen them since they did the "Comino del Rey" with me

I have put my self on a regime of losing 2kg and not by dehydration either.

It's very easy to overtrain too.

One of my cycling buddies swears by going as fast as you can for as long as you can to get fitter. It works to some degree but Ratz regime is something else. Almost convinced me I need a trainer but then when you get some days like today ... You have to have your Vitimin D.

So how's the curved boom? Do you have much breathing space?
I guess you can't test it on your secret testing track this time of year?
Perhaps a wind tunnel?

The road rash I had played up a bit... The scab got stuck on the dressing a couple of times. Guess that's why cyclist shave their legs so that road rash becomes less of a problem and I thought it was down to speed.

The good thing is the V has been down so now I won't get so intense when I travel with it.
Here is a link to Amanda's latest ride day 233 and going strong: https://www.strava.com/activities/819326632
She looks like she starts in the dark at about 5:30am and ends about 6:30pm with about 60-90 minutes of down-time for eating and breaks. There are always other riders with her as well.
She alternates between riding her oncore and some kind of upright (given to her by sponsors)
I'm planning on going over there at some point, and I think Alvin Maxwell may as well - He has a Vendetta too!
Plenty of room for the curved boom - and the water bottle. I would think it is bound to be a little better as it keeps the Garmin and my hands more out of the wind. But who knows, maybe having the boom straight guides the winds up and over my head better than the curved one. It will be up to the wind-tunnel test to determine if it more aero or not.
Definitely can't ride outside this time of year - too cold most of the time. But once in a while it really warms up nice - I'll have to ride outside sometime since I've changed so much - even if it is cold.! :(

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
ahhhh you don't need a wind tunnel, just practice on windy days outside.

I am a little upset with my scorecard today.

Real crap weather... it felt as though I was being pulled off my seat in just about every direction. And when I wanted to get off the main roads because the verge of the road had lots of mud because of the recent floods I felt scared because of the traffic/turbulence. Then I decided to take cominos (service roads) due to less traffic and then I had the feeling of going over cobble stones. A 2 hour ride suddenly developed into a 2.5 hour ride and nothing to boast either. I just switched out a big 54t Q Ring for a 52t and wanted to feel what the difference was. To be honest... I cant say. It was just a crap day.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Just noticed something during my Garmin download and sent Sebring the note below:

Hello Sebring,
I enjoyed last weeks Sebring race in which I participated in the 12 hour race under the name of Hardy Swinson. There has been some timing errors in that you are reporting I completed 214 miles, my medal says 210 miles, while my downloaded Garmin says 203 miles. Unfortunately, the Garmin is the closest to the correct data. Just thought I would correct the record. Thank you and see you next year.
Hardy Swinson

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
That's because the course is measured on the centerline. If you pick good lines your wheel sensor will always read low. If you used gps for speed and distance then it get noticely worse. Your 214 is the official distance for the course you were required to ride.