Short Guy

Griffer

I am about to buy a QX100, but I need to make sure it will fit me. I am 5'4" with an xseam of 37" and my arm length is 26". Are there any short people riding the QX100. And do I have to make any major changes? Like cutting stuff. I really need to know before I spend this money. I want this bike, but if I have to do a lot of stuff to the bike maybe not. I am just wondering if there is anyone under 5'5" riding a QX100 or like bike!!!
Thaqnks

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
It will fit but you might prefer a custom build with 406 wheels or the older style 451's. What is your ride goals

My 5'2" daughter prefers the 451's my 5'6" daughter prefered the 559's

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Look at my thread called Introducing the family to the Q. I have a picture of my niece, who is in the 4'10" to 4'11" range, riding my Quest (previous version of the QX100, same basic frame). My brother, who is 5'4" and has shorter legs than I do, was able to ride it also.

The boom/slider is widely adjustable. At 5'5", with a 40.5" x-seam, I ride with it set around 6 1/2; for my niece, I had it at about 2, with room to bring it in another inch or so. The seat pan has several different fore and aft settings, as well as adjustments for the seat-back angle.

I bought my Q with optional smaller wheels, instead of the 26" like the QX100 has now, because I wanted the lower seat height. If you're ordering a QX100 new from Cruzbike, you can ask them about a custom build with smaller wheels.

Griffer

Ok Thank you guys. I also talked to cruzbike. They said I should get a QX100 with 451 wheels and then cut down the stem. I hope that will fit me. Thanks for your response.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
BTW who do I need to talk to about changing the wheels? I really need to know.

Depends on how much you what to do yourself. Robert Holler and Rose City can do customized builds. Or we here in the forums can point you at the do it yourself stuff. I have several Quest with custom wheels. You could have 451, (22") or 406 (20") wheels built. I usually send people to wheelbuilder.com (there are others) because they don't make me look bad for the recommendation. Any Velocity wheel built by them will work perfectly and will actually be a heck of a performance upgrade from the stock wheels.

A-lot of this depend on you intended use-age goals.

If you search on the Project Quickr Thread you can see two or three small wheel custom Quests that I did a rehabs with old frames. The Qx100 is the same frame. The pictures if nothing else will give you idea of some of the things you could have built; or could build yourself depending on your inclination.

http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/project-quickr.8016/page-3#post-31047