Stealing a Cruzbike

Jaycee

I thought recumbents were safe also, but then someone can always put one in a truck and drive off with it. Furthermore, in my opinion, any lock is only a deterrent and only for a short while. Any lock can be frozen and cracked, cut, picked, etc.

NeaL

Guru
Note that I'm not advocating riding a bike whilst intoxicated. :roll:

While I was in Germany, I learned that drinking is legal at the age of 16 while driving age doesn't happen until turning 18. That makes a lot more sense than how we do it here in the United States.
There, drink up and learn over the next two years how alcohol impairs one's ability to walk, bike, skateboard, etc. before learning to drive.
Here, learn to drive until they're confident and cocky. Then throw alcohol at 'em.

When I'm not riding it, it's now just a new piece of living room decor.

All the more reason to have a great-looking CruzBike.

Last edited:

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
I believe you, but I can't imagine that! The normal way to get a recumbent going is a sharp push on one pedal. With a Cruzbike this results in a U turn at best and the casualty department at worst!

I'd really like to know the 'secret' of keeping it straight while pushing the steering sideways!

Is it the arms or is it counter pressure from the 'non driving' foot?

For me it is a slow and easy start, in a gear low enough to avoid having to push hard, with my left foot at the top of the pedal stroke, and a slight, almost negligible, push with the right hand/pull with the left hand. Slight. Really slight, or you will overcorrect. Once I know I am going forward, only then do I bring up my right foot. Your mileage may vary, but that has been the answer for me. I still have a few bobbles, but mostly that occurs when I am stressed with cars or cyclists on either side or feel rushed for some reason.

McWheels

Off the long run
I saw a story, might have been on here (Softrider maybe?) of a german guy who found his stolen Cruzbike at a car boot sale as everyone claimed it was unridable for the month or so he was without it and therefore couldn't fence it.

The less I wipe it clean the less chance of it getting swiped too, on top of the uncool fixtures like old man handlebars, mudguards, hub dynamo and IGH.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Uncool features, you say? They put it in the back of the van. The wheels with their expensive hubs go on ebay. As do the brakes. The frame goes in the canal.