The Annual Nutt Roll in Chehaw Park, Albany Ga

Tigerpaw

This was my first long ride on Smokey, the Vendetta. I rode with Hardy (trplay) and Bob (middle ga Carbon Aero bentrider). The weather was perfect for the first 3 or so hours, but the sun made it's way out. We drafted many of the arse hatchets as we gapped up to the next set and the next set of them..... This was not a hustle and fast ride as I'm still learning more and more about the V. At the midway point, Hardy and I had to fuss with my front derailleur as it would not shift into the large ring. I hate long down time, but you gotta do, what you gotta do.... 36 minutes worth, ugh. After the 105 miles were complete, I have to say this is the best I've ever felt at the finish of a century ride.

This is Hardy and Bob at the rest stop!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 40

trplay

Zen MBB Master
A great ride today. This Tiger Paw fellow and Smokey has really got the basics down fast. This of course is yet another example disproving the myth that Cruzbikes are hard to learn how to ride. We had a good time practicing a three bike rotational pace line and it was pretty effective when we did it right. It's a lot harder than most will think. Takes practice but pays off big dividends in efficiency. I hope the three of us can keep doing this.
No problems with the new head rest. However, the big news of the day was my shift in ketonics strategy. Today I did what the big boys of the keto elite do. I carbo loaded on race day and it worked. Energy galore with never a fall. Eww, check out the gut in last years Sebring compared to todays photo. Guess the Keto is working huh?
16Feb-Bike-Sebring-HS-06.jpg

Tigerpaw

There were 4 long wheel base bents there as well, all with front farings. They did the metric or the 40 miler. I got to talk with a couple of them right before it started. Their comment to me was, "that thing just looks fast".