"The New Silvio is Coming"

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Mulling it all over on my commute home today...

So we now have the 50-ish to 75-degree, low-end T50; the 35- to 45-degree utility QX100; a new Silvio S45, date available TBA; the (sold out) 33-degree Silvio S30; and the ultra laid-back Vendetta V20.

Plus this cryptic statement:

Hmm. If the S30 were no longer to be produced, it would leave a gaping hole between the S45 and the V20, and overlap between the QX100 and the S45. A lot of overlap, considering the S45 will accommodate at least a 700C x 32 tire, if not a 35mm or even 38mm, and has rack-mounting points.

But if there were TWO Silvio models, targeted at different market segments, Ratz' riddle would make more sense. Then, why would one need the QX100 at all? Suspension is pretty much gone from the Cruzbike lineup now, except for the dated QX100 (which is more or less just a repainted, renamed Quest 3). Modifying ye olde Q-series bike into a Silvio 1.0 clone has become popular, and obviously didn't escape notice by the Powers That Be. ;)

Might be totally off base--just my Speculative Wild-Eyed Guess. :oops:

My guess is that will unsuspended front and rear, V20 (21 degrees) for 700*28 tyres, S30 (28 degrees) for 700*32 tyres, S45 (45 degrees) for 700*38 tyres, for Racing, Cruising with slow DFs, Packed touring + gravel!!!

Reactions: joy

Wheelie

The New Silvio could be a "One Bike Quiver". Long road rides with 700 wheels and road tires, Gravel with fatter tires, or 26/650b wheels. Racks, fenders, etc. Versatile, fast, fun. Like a Rawland bikes Ravn model.
Just another guess...

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Maybe it will have a helicopter thingy that comes out of the handlebar. That would be impressive! It could also explain why the teaser pic is only of the rear triangle and nothing of the front end. Yay, helicopter thingy!

Mark

I'm hoping the big innovation is a lower price :)

I have a Silvio with the front and rear suspension, and all of those bits add a lot to the cost to manufacture. In particular, the rear suspension includes a lot of parts that appear to be machined out of aluminum. I imagine that must be expensive and time consuming to do that for every bicycle.

Kavman

I held off on buying the new T50 because it just didn't quite fit the bill for me, mostly because I was hoping the seat would recline a bit more. This new S45 is exactly what I was hoping Cruzbike would create.

joy

Well now, I don't know if I'm happy or not. I have a suspended S30, but got a V20 for the road. Since the Silvio couldn't take gravel tires, it sits on the trainer. I JUST bought a QX100 to ride on gravel. Now rumor says a new gravel Silvio is in the works? How much money can I keep forking out to Cruzbike? Anyone want to buy the aforementioned S and Q if the rumor is true? I know I'll have to have one.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Well now, I don't know if I'm happy or not. I have a suspended S30, but got a V20 for the road. Since the Silvio couldn't take gravel tires, it sits on the trainer. I JUST bought a QX100 to ride on gravel. Now rumor says a new gravel Silvio is in the works? How much money can I keep forking out to Cruzbike? Anyone want to buy the aforementioned S and Q if the rumor is true? I know I'll have to have one.
You know, you could just start doing a payroll deduction straight to Cruzbike and when a new model comes out, you'd have at least a healthy deposit and Mrs. may never misses it.

Mark

joy

That would be Mr. Encore might never miss it! ;) (He set up the forum account for me, with his name. I'm the Cruzbike nut, but I don't know how to change the name now.) Anyway if it's true, I'm sunk, as I'd love to have a gravel trail Silvio! Joy (That's my name, and the emotion while riding my V20!)

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
and now you know the rest of the story: http://cruzbike.com/s40
Thank you, Paul Harvey!

The V20, S40, T50 (53 to 76). Nicely spaced lineup, both in seat angle and purpose. And, for the first time, all the models are unsuspended ...except the QX100. Makes one wonder even more whether the Q-series has a future.

24" seat height is higher than I'd expected. Those disc brakes make dropping to a smaller wheel size a cinch, though, for shorter riders.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Looks very nice! Pretty close to what I (and several others) were postulating.

I think there will always be room for a suspended Cruzbike. The Q series provides a lot of bang for the buck. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see that (expensive) front fork go away. It doesn't really provide much suspension (compared to the back) and they can be somewhat finicky (at least mine, which an old i-Ride, is).

joy

Well, I just tried to buy it, but it didn't work. Calls out and an email. Take my money please!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Perhaps you could get by with one of these? :D
PropellerBeanieAds-Billboard-5Jun1948.jpg

Rampa

Guru
Is that a new clamping design? It looks like the clamping rings are in-board of the bearing cups.