"The New Silvio is Coming"

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Is that a new clamping design? It looks like the clamping rings are in-board of the bearing cups.

Blog post will reveal the finer details in a few days; just a little more waiting; unless of course you fancy a color in which case based on the T50; I'd say act fast. :cool:

Jeremy S

Dude
Anyone know what the semicircular part below the seat might be? Out-of-scale frame plug maybe? Seat adjuster?

s40-frame-set-1000x600.jpg

Last edited:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Does it bother anybody else that the rear brake line appears to just be flapping around out in the breeze? Otherwise, it appears to be a nicely designed bike, but that sticks out, to me.

Mark

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Probably just photoshopped out for that pic due to something in the background they didn't want to show.

The 360 view shows two eyelets (one on either side) on the rear main-tube. I wonder if that is simply a pre-production thing or...? I imagine that some braking systems may need a cable exit on that side. Too bad there aren't two 'entry-eyelets'...that might mean something very different. ;)

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
The Q series provides a lot of bang for the buck. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see that (expensive) front fork go away.
The Q-series front suspension went away starting with the Quest 3.0 about three years ago. I never realized how much the front end on my Q451 2.0 pogoed under hard efforts until I stiffened up the back end with the air shock.

It looks like the clamping rings are in-board of the bearing cups.
Changing those clamps not to require the external bearing cups has been rumored for a while. IIRC, there'll be a retrofit for recent S and V models. I can't find the thread to back that up, though.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
The Q-series front suspension went away starting with the Quest 3.0 about three years ago. I never realized how much the front end on my Q451 2.0 pogoed under hard efforts until I stiffened up the back end with the air shock.
LOL, that's what I get for thinking out loud. :) Now that you mention it, I think I remember that change...
The new chainstay iteration has been hinted at for some time. Check any V20 thread with @ratz as a commentor. He's sneaky that way. :cool:

Bill K

Guru
The 360 view zoomed in clearly shows the new chainstay clamps are inboard of the bearing cups.
Sure hope it fits the V20!
And sorry Ratz if I spoil some of your upcoming fun posting pictures of new products.

Attachments

• s40BottomBracket.jpg
    s40BottomBracket.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Jeremy S

Dude
Does it bother anybody else that the rear brake line appears to just be flapping around out in the breeze? Otherwise, it appears to be a nicely designed bike, but that sticks out, to me.

The cable run for rim brakes would be much shorter. For disks you could probably zip tie the housing to one of the stays.

So do we know the wheelbase yet? Has it grown compared to S30, does ot now match the V? I like the suspension on my 2.0, particularly the rear does a lot for long distance comfort.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
You know what? I think I will have to buy another place so that I can buy more bikes. I bet that S40 rides really well.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The 360 view zoomed in clearly shows the new chainstay clamps are inboard of the bearing cups.
Sure hope it fits the V20!
And sorry Ratz if I spoil some of your upcoming fun posting pictures of new products.

You all need to go back and look closer at the photo from the wind tunnel article ;)
It was even more obvious if you knew what to look for on a particular facebook photo from the A2 sessions.

Bill K

Guru
You all need to go back and look closer at the photo from the wind tunnel article ;)
So, what else did we miss? Inquiring minds need to know:)
I've got a new crank all picked out for the V20 but first I need the new chainstay. Gotta make "spare parts" for the T50 frame.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I saw that one, but wasn't sure if it'd be productive to make noise about it.
Glad to know that it ended up being something that made it to production! It is going to make a lot of people happier, and likely (thanks to a lack of squishing of bearings) faster...

It was even more obvious if you knew what to look for on a particular facebook photo from the A2 sessions.

rfneep

I recently got a short chainstay from Cruzbike for a new S30 build. It has the new chainstay clamps. They are inside the BB cups, but they also just as importantly are split clamps that make it easier to remove without messing with the BB cups at all. Very nice. I figured that was one of the improvements Ratz hinted at earlier.

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Has the BB type changed to a 30 mm crank BB386 EVO, with a 56 mm OD BB shell 87 mm wide, and press fit bearings 42*30*7 6806-2rs, with a 2 mm thick nylon sleeve and the bearing outer face at 87 mm???