"The New Silvio is Coming"

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Has the BB type changed to a 30 mm crank BB386 EVO, with a 56 mm OD BB shell 87 mm wide, and press fit bearings 42*30*7 6806-2rs, with a 2 mm thick nylon sleeve and the bearing outer face at 87 mm???
Nope BSA 68 English. Which gives the widest compatibility with cranks. Personally I think you'll find all the other standard are oem lock-ins or attempts to compensate for carbon composite problems.

The big win here is all shimano hollowtech, SRAM gxp, external bearing bb30, and square taper work

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I recently got a short chainstay from Cruzbike for a new S30 build. It has the new chainstay clamps. They are inside the BB cups, but they also just as importantly are split clamps that make it easier to remove without messing with the BB cups at all. Very nice. I figured that was one of the improvements Ratz hinted at earlier.
Ooooh. Split clamps! Much mo' bettah. I'm still waiting for them to release this upgrade for the V20. With split clamps, I won't have to disassemble the crank & BB to do the swap! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Ooooh. Split clamps! Much mo' bettah. I'm still waiting for them to release this upgrade for the V20. With split clamps, I won't have to disassemble the crank & BB to do the swap! :emoji_thumbsup:
LOL!! It sounds like What they did was basically reverted back to the Silvio 1.0 BB clamp system, except now it's welded to the chain stays instead of the CF yoke that bolts up to it.

Mark

ratz

Ok well since the cat is out of the bag here you go. I have it on good authority that eventually there will be a performance upgrade option for the existing v20's. No time lines and RAAM looms large. So understand how inventories work on niche products and keep checking the accessories page and eventually something will show up. The stay is shorter and increases the chance you will also want to slam your stem or save up for a curved slider as it will raise your handlebars when installed. A great "refresh" for an existing V20 would be the carbon behind the head water bottle holder, curved boom, and the new chain stay.

DSC06424.jpg DSC06425.jpg IMG_6031.jpg IMG_6033.jpg IMG_6161.jpg

Ok, I can see the 'rigid' chainstay. But I would rather keep the front suspension, replacing only the clamps - which on the 2.0 are separate from the carbon stays, as we all know)

Bill K

Guru
The big win here is all shimano hollowtech, SRAM gxp, external bearing bb30, and square taper work
And if you want to experiment with short crank arms you can get an Origin8 alloy crank arm set for about $50. Crank arm lengths from 140mm up to 170mm.
Fits square taper bottom brackets.
+1 Big Win!

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
And if you want to experiment with short crank arms you can get an Origin8 alloy crank arm set for about $50. Crank arm lengths from 140mm up to 170mm.
Fits square taper bottom brackets.
+1 Big Win!
I have an old Powercrank (each arm rotates independently, and engage the chainwheels in the forward direction only) from 2008 I'd been itching to try on a CB (both legs extended == better aero)... :)

DavidJL

I do have a question about the over locknut distance on the fork. I am assuming it will be 130 mm rather than the 135 found on the QX and T50.

ratz

Not positive about the S40, but the spacing on the S30 was 132.5.
Should be 132.5 as it shares the front end and new chain stay with the v20's not 100% sure but really it's the only standard that makes sense for a bike that can take a disc or rim brake wheel.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Charles has spoken. I am pretty sure the S40 might even be faster than the V20. It just depends how you ice the cake

3WHELZ

Guru
I have read through the specs and the blog, but could not determine whether the S40 will accommodate an 11sp cassette. I have I missed some details along the way?

Thanks

ratz

I have read through the specs and the blog, but could not determine whether the S40 will accommodate an 11sp cassette. I have I missed some details along the way?

Thanks

It will; that's the standard on that front end geometry.

3WHELZ

Guru
Thank you for the quick reply. I am trying to decide whether to build it myself, as I did with my 1.0, or go with the Cruzbike build.