Unofficial Records for the 6-12-24 Hour World Time Trial Championships

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Wow - one of the most amazing records I see is that Hand Cyclist that did 364.8 miles last year! Arm strength only! Incredible!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Wow - one of the most amazing records I see is that Hand Cyclist that did 364.8 miles last year! Arm strength only! Incredible!

He's been trying to hit that magical 400 mile mark so he can qualify to do RAMM. I passed him a few times and He and his bike are so low it's crazy, he was moving along pretty good every time I passed him so I wonder if I lost much time in the pits.

Robert O

I had the opportunity to look at a Top End Force racing handcycle a couple of years back. That is an astonishing piece of cycling technology, and it would take an astonishing cyclist to take it to its limits. Props!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I had the opportunity to look at a Top End Force racing handcycle a couple of years back. That is an astonishing piece of cycling technology, and it would take an astonishing cyclist to take it to its limits. Props!
Kind of makes you wonder if you can adopt a little of this "hand" power to a recumbent. Your aero would go down with your arms and hands probably more in the airflow, but if he can generate that kind or power and speed on arms alone, even if you could increase your overall wattage by 20% that would be incredible.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Kind of makes you wonder if you can adopt a little of this "hand" power to a recumbent. Your aero would go down with your arms and hands probably more in the airflow, but if he can generate that kind or power and speed on arms alone, even if you could increase your overall wattage by 20% that would be incredible.

If I remember correctly he is not paralyzed, he's an amputee with both legs. Because he has no lower legs his bike can be super compact and lower to the ground. Sad to say most of his setups advantages come at a heavy price. It'll be good to see him on course and hopefully break that 400 mile mark.