V20 female riders

Discussion in 'Ladies Locker Room' started by joy, Sep 23, 2016.

1. joy

joy Active Member

I'm just wondering how many of us are out there, (besides Maria and Plucky Blonde) and what kind of riding you do. I'm basically an older woman on Medicare, ;), who wishes her body felt as young as her mind! I mostly do recreationaly riding with a mixed group of friends, averaging around 15 mph. I can get it up to 23 or so if passed by a younger, male df (still have some competitive spirit) but I wonder how other women are riding and how fast I might still be able to get. Who's out there on a Vendetta? Joy

NeaL likes this.
  2. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Ms. Daisy rides a Silvio and she is sneaky fast.

3. ratz

ratz Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

Andrea (Keeper of the Daryl) Rides a V20 now, but I don't know if she's lurking here.

4. Maria Parker

Maria Parker Administrator

We sure need some more of us.

tiltmaniac and NeaL like this.
  5. DavidCH

DavidCH In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity

I thought Ms. Daisy had your V20... wow you got it back?

super slim likes this.
  6. super slim

super slim Zen MBB Master

I don't think so!!!

7. joy

joy Active Member

I wonder if part of the reason for not seeing more women on a V, is all the hype by the guys and marathon races (not being negative here), along with the perception of the difficulty of learning to ride. If women are a little afraid of the bike because of this, they shouldn't be. There's nothing like a long empty straightaway on a mup and giving it all I've got; coming upon a newly paved down hill road with no traffic and a nice leaning curve in the middle; listening to my husband laugh as I take off after someone (usually a younger male) who has passed us. And, here is a good one, driving my friends crazy as I ride along with the group at about 15 mph, with them listening to the click, click, click of my coasting hub. The Vendetta is a wonderful bike. It might take a little extra work to learn how to ride it, but it is worth it. Come on ladies, take a chance. You won't regret it.

super slim, DavidCH, Zzzorse and 2 others like this.
  8. Suz

Suz Well-Known Member

For me it is the angle of recline. I like being a little higher up. Plus, lol, I liked the symmetry of the S30 compared to the V20 (mine is the first S30 model I think). You know, the boom angle matches the angle of the seat. I know, weird reason but it's true! Lol. Kind of like when I know the color of a vehicle instead of the specific model...
    Now "they" "messed up" the symmetry to improve the drive train of all things and it has me all flustered. ;):D J/K

ChaleJake likes this.
  9. NeaL

NeaL Active Member

On those dating websites where they have the search options for selecting shared interests, there ought to be one for "Cruzbike rider."

bazzawill likes this.
  10. Same for me. I tried a Vendetta last year, and I could ride it, but I prefer being a little more upright.

That's what kept me from trying a Cruzbike for so long in the first place--all the hype on BROL about how hard it was to learn. Once I took the plunge with the Q, and finally got the hang of it, I was much more open to trying the other models. But I don't ride a Vendetta for the same reason I didn't ride a DF racing bike in my upright days: I like speed as much as the next person, I just don't have much, regardless of what bike I'm on. LOL. I went for the S30 because of its blend of speed and comfort.

hoyden likes this.
  11. hoyden

hoyden Well-Known Member

I'll add my $0.02 that I also prefer the slightly more upright position of the S30, which I have ridden 11,500+ miles since May, 2016.

At 64 I have only so much energy and I doubt I would be much faster on the V20.

12. ChaleJake

ChaleJake Well-Known Member

I ride the S30 also. On the S30, I can leisurely pedal and keep up with my riding group. We are a social riding group. If I switched to the V..it would be harder to ride at their pace and harder to chat during the ride. As it is, they sometimes get frustrated with the amount of coasting I am able to do on my Silvio.

13. Suz

Suz Well-Known Member

Wow Hoyden, that is seriously impressive! Nice work.

DavidCH, Emeljay and Zzzorse like this.
  14. bladderhead

bladderhead Zen MBB Master

I agree. Hats (skid lids) off to hoyden.

Zzzorse likes this.
  15. Charles.Plager

Charles.Plager Recumbent Quant

Pardon my French, but damn! :D

Zzzorse likes this.
  16. hoyden

hoyden Well-Known Member

Thank you, folks. Cruzbike is a totally fun ride. My endeavor is built on the support and encouragement I've received here. S30 is my 5th recumbent since discovering bents in 2000, and my favorite. Laid back, light, fast, and comfortable. The V20 even more so I imagine. S30 is also a bike I can ride all year. Out in the wild when the weather is warm and on Kreitler Rollers in the Winter.

super slim likes this.
  17. bladderhead

bladderhead Zen MBB Master

I do not like rain or snow, but if neither of those are happening I ride on the road. I have no trainer or rollers. Sometimes in the winter it is dry but icy. That gets a bit scary.

18. tiltmaniac

tiltmaniac Guru

I keep trying to convince my wife to ride one, but without a group of other female cyclists with whom she can socialize, I fear nothing will happen.