Vendetta for the Clydesdale

Hello All,
Been looking around on the forum for a while but haven't posted. Long time recumbent Gold Rush rider that would love to try out a Vendetta. Wasn't able to find a weight limit on the specs for the Vendetta. I'm 6'3" at 260lbs. Question is can the V handle a person this size? If so would I be better of buying the frame set and building up the bike with my own sturdy wheels? Also, can anyone comment on leg and torso interference for bigger riders? Only videos of people I found riding the Vendetta were all pretty small. I'm wondering if I'll even fit in the "cockpit". No dealers close to me. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Mark

torkjunky

The bike will fit you just fine and hold the weight. I am 6' 1" and range in weight from 235 to 260. Had the bike about a year and no problems. I did get a frame set and built it myself. You won't be disappointed.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
It comes in 2 sizes, if you buy second hand , find out if the boom has been cut down. Robert should be able to help if it has. The larger size has longer chain stays.

No problem on Clydesdales. I'm 6'2.5" and north of 275 lbs. I've been riding my Vendetta, Sigrditha, since spring 2015. It's the best bike I've ever used.

I'm using moderately priced components a buddy and I cobbled together and the standard sized chain stay. I've got a straight handlebar mounting tube rather than the curved model. Works great.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pictures that might help with scale and fit. IMG_0004.JPGMe next to Maria. IMG_2493.JPGAnother rider on SigrD. Note he cannot reach the pedals. IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2495.JPG
Moose and Squirrel
No problem on Clydesdales. I'm 6'2.5" and north of 275 lbs. I've been riding my Vendetta, Sigrditha, since spring 2015. It's the best bike I've ever used.

I'm using moderately priced components a buddy and I cobbled together and the standard sized chain stay. I've got a straight handlebar mounting tube rather than the curved model. Works great.

Hi All, thanks so much for the number of helpful replies! Very much appreciated. Sure wish it was easier to get a test ride on a V at a dealer before purchase. Years ago when I bought the Gold Rush, I bought it sight unseen and everything worked out for the best. Sounds like once you get past the initial learning curve, most everyone loves their Vendetta

Abbott, you and I are about the same size! Great to know you love your V And have gotten so many great miles on it.
Are you on the stock wheels? You mentioned that you pieced it together yourself

I assume there's no reason I cannot start with the Vendetta? I notice from reading the forum that lots of folks start on a Silvio and seem to graduate to a V

Abbott, you and I are about the same size! Great to know you love your V And have gotten so many great miles on it.
Are you on the stock wheels? You mentioned that you pieced it together yourself

I assume there's no reason I cannot start with the Vendetta? I notice from reading the forum that lots of folks start on a Silvio and seem to graduate to a V
My back wheel is low grade stock. My front drive wheel is a DT Swiss THS405 with a Shimano XT hub and a Continental 25mm Gatorhardshell tire. I went straight for the Vendetta. I've ridden all the models and I prefer it.

I'm running mostly older Shimano Altus, 105 and Ultegra components. We used whatever we could find. The one major modification I did was to add two Wolf cogs including the 42t. I wanted the gearing to haul my carcass up the hills of Seattle and Cincinnati.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I think Abbott forgot to mention that he uses a stern riser as do several others.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Makes the steer tube taller which raises the boom and that handle bars.

ccooper

Do you mean a "stem riser"?
Perhaps I should look into that. With an X-seam of 47.5", I find on my Silvio S30 that I have to bring the handlebars back toward my chest in order that my knees won't hit the bars. That leaves me with very bent elbows, which are probably not very aero. If I could raise the stem, it might help. I do have the long chainstays.

Bob meant to say "Stem riser". It's the silver doohickie in this picture between the handlebars and fork just above the frame. It raises the angle of the boom and provides more clearnce under the handlebars .IMG_2558.JPG

Hello All,
Been looking around on the forum for a while but haven't posted. Long time recumbent Gold Rush rider that would love to try out a Vendetta. Wasn't able to find a weight limit on the specs for the Vendetta. I'm 6'3" at 260lbs. Question is can the V handle a person this size? If so would I be better of buying the frame set and building up the bike with my own sturdy wheels? Also, can anyone comment on leg and torso interference for bigger riders? Only videos of people I found riding the Vendetta were all pretty small. I'm wondering if I'll even fit in the "cockpit". No dealers close to me. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,
Mark
Mark,

Where are you located? Maybe one of the Tribe is close enough to let you test ride our bike. It's how many of us got to really learn about the bikes. Lief let me try his and it made a huge impression on me.

Abbott,

I'm just north of Cincinnati OH. I sent a few emails to Cruzbike about their ambassador program but didn't get any replies. I also haven't seen any Cruzbikes on my local roads. I probably should have taken advantage of the Recumbent Con Show last year and gone for a test ride on one. Seems that this year the show has moved somewhere else...

Really wanted to thank you all for all the information and replies. Nice of all you folks to make a newbie feel welcome.

I also wanted to point out that one doesn't find many used Vendetta's for sale on BROL. To me, that's a pretty good recommendation.

Mark

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Abbott,

I'm just north of Cincinnati OH. I sent a few emails to Cruzbike about their ambassador program but didn't get any replies. I also haven't seen any Cruzbikes on my local roads. I probably should have taken advantage of the Recumbent Con Show last year and gone for a test ride on one. Seems that this year the show has moved somewhere else...

Really wanted to thank you all for all the information and replies. Nice of all you folks to make a newbie feel welcome.

I also wanted to point out that one doesn't find many used Vendetta's for sale on BROL. To me, that's a pretty good recommendation.

Mark

I'm in Brighton, MI with a Vendetta 2.0, a Strada velomobile, and two T50s on their way. I'm short and stout (5'-7" and 205lbs) so my V isn't rigged for someone your size but you're welcome to check it out sometime.

You are not far from the Race Across America Time Stations (TSs) where Team Cruzbike will be coming through around Wednesday and Thursday (June 21-22) next week. They are starting in about 8 minutes from this post. Best daylight time if they hit within their goals is probably TS 44 at Athens, OH where they should be coming through on the morning of 6/22/2017

-Eric

Abbott,

Mark
Mark,

I live in Cincinnati. Looks like we have a solution.

Abbott

Vendetta. Wasn't able to find a weight limit on the specs for the Vendetta.

Mark,
you can find a spec in here: http://cruzbike.com/DOWNLOADS/CruzbikeOwnersManualRevP.pdf

Excerpt:
2. Rider weight: The Cruzbike frame, like most adult bicycle frames, is designed for riders up to 250 pounds (114 kg). While there are many Cruzbike enthusiasts whose weight exceeds 250 lbs., we cannot endorse its use for riders above this weight and we recommend caution and frequent examination of the frame and other components for signs of structural fatigue.

I started riding a V20 a year ago and I put on a Thor G Sport seat to give it a larger surface area and a little less laid back position. I never got comfortable on the stock seat, but the Thor seat is very comfortable. The bike is great for flat lands and solo rides, but I'd like to try a more upright position for the mountains and riding around DF friends. I'm hopeful the S40 will do that. Fedex says they are delivering it on Monday. Soon I'll have the whole line up, V20, S40, and T50.