Vendetta headrest

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
OK, what are you velcro-ing the pad onto?

-Eric

On the stock headrest post and the performance one; just wrapping them around the posts. Think ZIP tie but instead velcro; super strong stuff from Bart.
When the water bottle tailbox is on the bike, there is a big flat piece sewed to the pad so it can velcro to the mounting plate of the box. (photos to follow).

super slim

Zen MBB Master
On the stock headrest post and the performance one; just wrapping them around the posts. Think ZIP tie but instead velcro; super strong stuff from Bart.
When the water bottle tailbox is on the bike, there is a big flat piece sewed to the pad so it can velcro to the mounting plate of the box. (photos to follow).
A photo is worth a thousand words!

Jeremy S

Dude
I stripped out the plastic holes in my Suspension Adjustable Headrest right away, despite the instruction not to tighten too much. So like others, I went to the hardware store and picked up some nuts, washers, and bolts. It was a pain to work in and around the foam, and I thoroughly marked up the black metal suspension piece with my wrench, but it seems to be together pretty well now... looking forward to trying it out.

IMG_4048.jpg

Kenneth Jessett

Thanks Jeremy.

As someone said earlier, the SAH attachment which you show does look pretty heavy, which is a shame considering how light the rest of the stock bike is. A better solution somewhere else?

Jeremy S

Dude
Thanks Jeremy.

As someone said earlier, the SAH attachment which you show does look pretty heavy, which is a shame considering how light the rest of the stock bike is. A better solution somewhere else?

Ratz said the PAH is heavy. The SAH feels pretty light. I measure it at 140g (not counting the stock headrest tubes it bolts to), which is in exchange for for the 50g+ stock padding, so 90g or so weight gain.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
So, about 3.18 oz gain, or about the same weight as a responsible size chocolate bar? :p
Correct SAH = light; PAH is for perfect head position for short or tall (aka not averagE); and is super tuff you can actually "Brace" against the PAH, but in it's current incarnation it's heavy to be that tough; but again if you need it, it's not that heavy; just not going to make your internal weight weenie happy. I'll weigh it the next time I'm in the garage.